Question about GE Microwave Ovens
External vent systems have the charcoal filter removed, generally at the time of installation, as it is not needed for this application.
The charcoal filter removes odors from internal recycled airflow.
There should be an aluminum grease filter that you can remove to clean in a warm soapy solution, let dry, and reinstall.
Posted on May 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Hello - This may or may not be specifically for your model, however these are generics instructions that I found.
To replace the light bulb to the over the range microwave you will need to follow the steps below:
1. To replace light bulb, first disconnect power to the microwave oven at the circuit breaker panel or by unplugging.
2. Remove the vent grill mounting screws.
3. Pull the vent grill away from the unit.
4. Remove the charcoal filter by pushing it inwards, then turn and pull it away from the unit.
5. Open light cover located behind filter mounting by carefully pulling up on the front edge.
6. Remove old light bulb and replace only with equivalent 30 watt bulb available from part distributor. Bulbs are also available at most hardware stores or lighting centers.
7. Replacing the microwave oven light cover by carefully pushing into place. Replace the charcoal filter. Push the vent grill back into place (engaging both the bottom and top tabs) and replace the vent grill mounting screws.
Note: DO NOT USE BULB LARGER THAN 30 WATTS.
Oct 27, 2012 | Frigidaire FMV152K Microwave Oven
Sep 18, 2011 | GE JVM1850 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Apr 27, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Aug 16, 2010 | Sharp R-1480 Microwave Oven
Jan 16, 2010 | Samsung Microwave Ovens
Dec 04, 2009 | LG Microwave Ovens
Apr 01, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Aug 01, 2008 | Panasonic NN-S254BF Microwave Oven
Jun 22, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens
Apr 13, 2008 | Goldstar MV-1526 Microwave Oven
627 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!