Question about Kenmore Dishwashers
First of all you did not even begin to mention a model number. They are not all the same. Having said that the concept of changing a heating element is pretty much the same for those with through the lower tub mounts.
1. Turn off all power to the unit
2. Open the lower kick panel
(It is usually in 2 pieces) The top piece being fixed and the lower piece being adjustable to the floor. Remove BOTH panels.
3. Locate the 2 heating element terminals that pass through the bottom of the tub and disconnect the wires.
4. Losen the retaining nuts on the heating element. Push up on the elment to make sure it is free before totally removing the nuts.
5. Remove the nuts and then lift out the old element by opening the door and lifting out the element.
6. Note the position of seals and washers on the OLD element
7, Assemble the new element with the tub side seals and washers. Leave the under side washers off until after you place the new element in the dishwasher.
8. Install the underside seal and washer then install the nuts loosely.
9. Check the position of the element inside the tub. (Align as necessary)
10. Tighten the heating element retaining nuts on the under side of the tub. (DO NOT over tighten as you can damage the element.)
11. Install the 2 heating element terminals makeing very sure the connections are TIGHT. A loose connection will cause the new element to fail prematurely.
12. Connect power and test for leaks.
13 Leak test complete install both lower kick panels.
Thanks for choosing FixYa,
Posted on Oct 04, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks for the fast responce"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 10, 2017 | GE Refrigerators
Dec 31, 2012 | Rheem Water Heaters
Nov 30, 2012 | Refrigerators
Aug 31, 2011 | 1994 Buick Skylark
Aug 12, 2011 | Zanussi Dishwashers
Jul 10, 2010 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
Oct 21, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
Aug 26, 2009 | Coleman Propane Forced Air Heater...
Apr 30, 2008 | Hotpoint HSS25IFMCC / HSS25IFMWW Side by...
285 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: