Hello,ecommended Windows 7 Installation Method Selection
provides support for installing Windows 7 on laptops built since 2007.
Depending on your model, Toshiba recommends using one of the following
software tools as part of the Windows 7 installation process, to
support ongoing use of Toshiba provided features and functionality:
- Toshiba Upgrade Assistant for Windows 7, for upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 on laptops made in 2009
Software Installer for Windows 7, for performing a Custom Installation
of Windows 7 ("clean install") on laptops made 2007-2009
your laptop's serial number on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop,
note the second character in that serial number, then click on the
matching link in the list below for instructions on Toshiba's
recommended Windows 7 installation method for your model.For all laptops made since January 1, 2007*When upgrading from Windows Vista (not a Custom or "clean" Install)
When upgrading from Windows XP, or doing a Custom Install ("clean install") from any operating system
- if the second character of your laptop's serial number is 7 or 8, click here.
- if the second character of your laptop's serial number is 9, click here.
- if the second character of your laptop's serial number is 7, 8, or 9, click here.
- if the second character of your laptop's serial number is not 7, 8, or 9 then it was manufactured prior to 2007.*
* Installation of Windows 7 is not supported by Toshiba for laptops made prior to 2007.
Hope it helped.