Question about Brother HL4040CN Laser Printer
1. power down the printer.
2. remove all color cartridges from their slots.
3. inside the color slot, you will see a green slide that will not move until you pick up the plastic cover.
4. rotate the plastic cover forward.
5. slide the green slide 3 or 4 times. (DO NOT TOUCH SMALL WIRES!)
6. return slide to original position.
7. snap the plastic cover back in place
8. return each color cartridge to it's slot.
9. replace color cartridge holder back to printer.
10. close all covers
11. turn printer back on.
If you still get the "move green slide" error, just repeat these steps
This took me about 10 minutes for the process, after understanding what the "green slide" meant.
Posted on May 22, 2011
1) Each toner cartridge has two green tabs. One green tab can be seen while the cartridges are inside the printer, the second green tab can be seen when the cartridges are removed from within the printer itself.
2) Remove the Black toner cartridge, ensuring you do not touch the round drum parts, but rather you only hold the cartridge on its ends.
3) The second green tab (as shown in the image attached), literally slides along the length of the toner cartridge. BE VERY CAREFUL not to touch the very fine wires underneath it which it appears to slide along.
4) It is "Slightly" clipped into its own little Clear or opaque coloured "Parking" spot.
5) Carefully hold the unit at its ends, whilst sliding this green tab away from its parking spot, along towards the other end of the toner cartridge, then return it to the original end WITHOUT clipping it back into the parking spot.
6) Return the cartridge into the printer.
7) Do this for each coloured toner cartridge.
8) Print & enjoy.
Posted on Mar 13, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You need to open the printer access panel. Inside, there's the "drum", which is secured with plastic tabs.
Posted on Oct 28, 2009
The guy that replied solved the problem. He rocks and I can't believe that brother does have a large posting on this issue. Sham on them:
ben2913 did the job "This is NOT the solution to this error code. The code is telling you that the Corona wire must be cleaned. Remove all 4 color drums. Look down into the tray that you removed them from and you will see 4 green tabs. Open the plastic cover that protects the corona wire and move the green tab back and forth several times. After you have done this with all 4, reinstall the drums, close the machine front and everything will work fine again."
Posted on Aug 18, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 13, 2016 | Brother HL4040CN Laser Printer
Apr 14, 2015 | Brother HL-4070CDW Printer
Feb 15, 2011 | Brother HL-4050CDN Printer
Sep 03, 2010 | Brother HL4040CN Laser Printer
Jun 17, 2010 | Brother HL-4070CDW Printer
Feb 25, 2010 | Brother MFC-9840CDW Laser Printer
Nov 01, 2009 | Brother HL-4040CN Laser Printer
Aug 21, 2009 | Brother DCP-9040CN Laser Printer
Jun 11, 2009 | Brother HL-4070CDW Printer
Sep 17, 2015 | Brother HL4040CN Laser Printer
5,311 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!