Hi... actually i was lukin at the pics in my cam, and the battery was going to die. so i took out the batteries without closing photo section and now my camera is not working... i can luk at my pics but i can't take any new pics, because the lense is not coming out. Can someone please help me.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: lens not cumin out
Try this procedure, while pushing power button ON, turn lens clockwise or anticlockwise with littel force. Please remember, don't turn the lens with much force because it can be damaged easily.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
do you have the lens cover open? do you get any error code or warning message? do this: make sure you have fully charged battery. close the lens cover.make sure cam is off.open lens cover by sliding it down until click is heard.if no go.close lens cover.make sure cam is off.remove the battery from cam for at least 15secs.reinsert battery.open lens cover until you hear the click.if no go try this. can you see the operational buttons and icons on the screen? if you do try to initialize the camera. touch HOME ->settings (looks like a toolbox icon) -> Main Settings (touch OK) -> [Initialize] -> [OK]. if it doesn't work service might be required.thanks :)
Lens cover not close, This will happens due to two reasons.
1) Either your camera battery got died or need to be recharged or replace.
2) Your camera is malfunctioning and need service (repair).
To resolve the problem. first check battery on your camera, If battery indicator shows battery low, than you need to charge it or you need to replace your battery.
Rating the solution is highly appricaited...Good Luck.
1. Make sure you will install a new or fully charged battery/batteries into your camera. 2. Clean the battery contacts. a. Remove the battery/batteries and the memory card from your camera, then wipe the battery contacts with a soft, clean cloth. b. Reinstall the battery/batteries into your camera. Please make sure that you are installing a fresh/ fully charged battery c. Without the memory card, turn your camera on. (If it works then it?s your memory card that is faulty) 3. Please test with the a different battery If you do not have access to another battery Try these steps instead: Please take the battery out of the camera. b. Insert the charger into the unit from the main socket and turn the camera on. If the camera works you will need to replace the battery. If you camera doesn?t switch on you will need to order a No power repair or a new cable. This camera has an auto lens. Which means it will focus automatically every second, which makes this clicking sound. You can turn this option off: 1: Go into the menu 2: Chose option Cam Settings 3: Switch AUTO focus to single lens and click OK.
Powershot A640 Could Not Be Powered On, Burnt Smell
My Powershot A640 died during a picture shot, lens remaining open. I thought it may be due to the dead batteries. But after putting new batteries and pushing the on/off button, the on/off indicator blinked once then shut off by itself. After a while, a strange smell came from camera batteries area, and I could feel warm there too. Immediately I took out all the batteries from camera.
When checking the posts here the other day, I tried one solution and got the lens back to close: first took out the memory card from camera, then put the new batteries in; push the on/off button with no memory card. I found the lens retracted a little before camera shut off by itself. I pushed on/off button three times to get the lens fully close. However, the burnt smell came out again. I immediately took out the batteries.
Did I get a short circuit inside? Is there any ways to fix it?
I think there is some internal problem.However try resetting the camera.That is first remove the memory card if you are using one,and then just check if the camera is working fine.Because there might be possibilities of the memory card being defective.So if the camera is working fine without the memory card then use a different memory card.But if the camera is still not working try removing the batteries and put them back in.If its still not working then you have to service the camera.
When the battery dies, usually the camera will retract the lens if possible. If the battery is so dead the lens can not retract, I would recommend trying to charge or change the battery. Or try to turn the camera on, and then manually shutting it off if you can.