Question about Bosch HGS 255 Gas Kitchen Range
My touch panel is not responding. It just flashes numbers to set the clock. I can turn the dial to set the hour only. Can't touch start...does any
one fix there panel? where and how much it cost.?
Posted on Jun 05, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The is a tough one if there is no tech there. I have not heard of this problem as yet. There could be a loose connection in one of the ribbon cables or it could just be a defective board.
You can try putting it in to test mode to see if it can self diagnose itself.
Press 'favourite' and 'settings' at the same time, 'diagnois' will appear, press them again and the prompts will appear. Note make sure the top surface is clear as well as the oven. If an error pops up at least you will know what is wrong with it. There is also a tech sheet on the back with the fault codes.
side note, do not put alluminium foil on the bottom of the oven cavity.
Posted on Jun 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2017 | Kitchen Ranges
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Dec 14, 2010 | Amana ACF3325 Gas Kitchen Range
Dec 14, 2010 | Kenmore 33464 / 33465 / 33469 Gas Single...
Nov 22, 2010 | Maytag CWG3100A Gas Single Oven
Sep 16, 2010 | GE JGBP80 Gas Kitchen Range
Dec 21, 2009 | Maytag MGR5770 Gas Kitchen Range
Nov 02, 2009 | Maytag 24" Built-In Single Gas Wall Oven -...
Sep 21, 2009 | Jenn-Air JGS8750 Gas Kitchen Range
May 14, 2009 | Dacor Preference RSD30 Gas Kitchen Range
Dec 19, 2006 | Bosch HGS435UC Gas Kitchen Range
Mar 29, 2014 | Bosch HGS 255 Gas Kitchen Range
377 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: