My Epsn Stylus PHOTO R300 says I need to replace an ink catridge however it does not tell me which one is out of ink. How do I find out which one to buy?
If an ink cartridge is empty, the red error light will remain solid. You can check the status of the
of the ink cartridges by looking at the icons on the control panel. Press the
down arrow button to scroll down to MORE OPTIONS. The level of ink will be
shown on the screen and the ink that will be out will have cross on it.
Please follow the steps below to replace one or more cartridges.
-You cannot print if any ink cartridge is expended.
-Leave the empty cartridge installed in the printer until you have obtained a replacement.
-To ensure good results on your printouts, we recommend using Genuine Epson Ink cartridges. Epson does not recommend the use of refilled inks or 3rd party ink cartridges.
Once you start the ink cartridge replacement procedure, you must complete all the steps in one session.
1. Make sure the printer is powered on, and not printing.
2. Open the printer cover.
3. Do one of the following:
3a. If the red error light is on (cartridge is empty) press the MAINTENANCE BUTTON.
3b. If the red error light is flashing (cartridge is low) press the MAINTENANCE BUTTON. You will now see the Cartridge Replacement highlighted in Advanced Settings. Select OK.
3c. If the error light is off (outdated cartridge), press the DOWN ARROW MENU button to choose MORE OPTIONS. Press OK, then select INK CARTRIDGE REPLACEMENT.
4. You will now see a message on the display telling you that the ink cartridge replacement will begin. Press OK to continue. The print head will move to the replacement position.
5. Open the cartridge cover. Press in the tab on the back of the cartridge, and lift the cartridge out of the printer. Dispose of it carefully.
6. Unwrap the new ink cartridge. DO NOT touch the green circuit boards, or remove ANY labels.
7. Lower the cartridge into the holder, with the green circuit board facing the front. Gently push the cartridge down until it is firmly seated.
8. If you need to replace another ink cartridge, repeat steps 5-7 above.
9. Close the cartridge cover. Press the front corner of the cartridge cover forward to lock the cover into place.
10. Press OK, and close the printer cover. The printer will begin charging the ink delivery system. Once charging is complete, press OK to finish.
May 23, 2008 |
Epson Stylus Photo R200 InkJet Printer