After 6 months of good service, now when I download from the memory card, my pictures are either misaligned and with stripes across them, or sometimes various colours - yellow, red. Is it the card, the camera or the laptop that's at fault.?
Try doing the following to see if you can isolate the problem:
- Clean the metal contacts on the card with a soft cloth - Reformat the card - Try connecting the camera to the computer with a different cable - Try putting the card in a card reader and copying the files from there - Check if the photos are displayed correctly on the camera - Try copying the photos to another computer - Try copying the photos without using the software (connect camera - it will show up as an external drive in My Computer, double click on icon and browse to photos)
If none of these work then the camera may be broken.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
What you need to do is download your pictures to the computer hard drive. Once the pictures are on the hard drive you can format the memory card. Yes you will loose everything that's on that memory card but what you had on it is now on the computer. I'm amazed that you have gone 4 months without formatting the card unless you don't use the camera much. Not only that the card should have been formatted before you started using the camera, it's what makes the camera and memory card compatible. The memory card should be formatted each time you download pictures to the computer.
almost sure this is cause by flex circuit in the zoon lens that is damaged and need to be replaced. Almost always the problem of stripes in the picture is worst when you take pictures in full zoom mode because in this position of the lens the flex circuitis is fully streched. Thats all folks
The Samsung S850 has an internal feature to do this. I have one. Put in your memory card and turn on the camera, push the button on the bottom right hand side of the lcd screen to view the picture, next when you see a picture (it can be any picture) push the OK button, this brings up a set of commands across the top of the screen, as you go across the commands one of them will be "copy to card". Select yes and the camera will copy the pictures to the card.
So I guess what is happening is that sometimes you see the internal memory & other times the memory card. To prove this remove the card & see if you have your "old" photos. It may be that the contacts on your memory card are dirty & so sometimes the card is not being detected.
Please take a moment to rate this solution & let us know if the information given was useful to you - Good Luck!
1. Do the pictures look the same on your computer after downloading them? If so, try another memory card. If the same, your camera is defective, bring it to service.
2. If OK with another memory, try to reformat the defective memory, if that doesn't help - discard it, if it helps, use it for backup, never trust it very much.
You can add a photo with the Green Tree icon when posting, but you have to resize it first so it's below 150k
Same thing happened to me. I ran across a website that allowed me to download a free recovery program that looks at memory cards. Thankfully this free program allowed me to recover all 232 pictures I had saved from a trip to Spain.