Question about Emerson Microwave Ovens
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Fuses keep blowing out
Yes a fuse blows because there is an internal short in the unit. The more you replace the fuse and hopes it will fix it, the more damage you may cause and maybe even cause a fire. A fuse blows in a piece of equipment as a safety feature. most fuses do not blow because they simply go bad, they blow because of a problem. First thing would be to check the door switch alighnment. next would be to check the Hi voltage diode and the capacitor, next test should be the magnatron for a short. If you do not have any knowledge on microwaves, call in a pro to assist you in this repair ans there is alot of high voltage inside this puppy. Good Luck
Posted on Apr 08, 2007
SOURCE: Microwave keeps blowing fuse
If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor.
If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off.
If it blows the fuse as soon as it's plugged in, you probably have a shorted door switch, a shorted varistor, or an internally exposed wire shorting to the chassis, etc.
Posted on Nov 19, 2007
SOURCE: Microwave keeps blowing fuse
If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that\'s usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.
If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that\'s usually a failing high-voltage transformer.
Here are some links with info on part testing:
You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by
entering your full model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
Please write back with your brand and model number if you need further help.
We\'re happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jan 13, 2008
SOURCE: microwave blowing fuses
Sanyo isn't that great of a manufacturer.. I had a microwave from them a few years back that did the same thing.. The wiring inside the microwave is shot.. if you were to open it up, you'd probably see some burnt wires from a short. If you use the microwave over a range, it may be because of grease build-up...
anyhow, its better that you invest in a new microwave, rather than fix it. It will be much more cost efficient
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 06, 2015 | In Microwave Ovens
Oct 18, 2015 | GE Microwave Ovens
Apr 19, 2011 | Whirlpool MH3184XP Microwave Oven
Feb 27, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 03, 2011 | GE JVM1440 Microwave Oven
I finally was able to fix similar problem. The "primary" door switch (top switch) had a burned contact inside the switch body, as well as burned surrounding plastic. It would no longer "click" and tended to stay in "closed" position. [The switch is a "normally open" design (NO).] When this occurs and the door is opened, the "monitor" switch causes the fuse to blow out. GE wants $50 for this part. However, I was able to find a universal design of microswitch at Fry's Electronics. It had the same rating (15 amp at 250 volts), same body size, both NO and NC terminals, but with a lever arm which I had to remove by opening the case. Cost was $2.47 + tax. (PRICELESS!). It works well now.. I also had to buy a set of Torx driver bits for tamperproof screws to be able to remove the oven cover. (The hole in the end of the bit goes over the tamperproof pin of the screw).
I also viewed a YouTube video which was helpful at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsWTCnACqdY
NOTE: I believe this problem occurs from opening the microwave door before the cooking is finished (without either pushing "pause" or "clear/off" buttons). This can cause a momentary "arc" between the switch contacts which, over time, will pit and burn the switch
Dec 30, 2010 | GE JE2160 Microwave Oven
Aug 26, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Oct 16, 2008 | Whirlpool MH6140XK Microwave Oven
Jun 02, 2017 | Emerson Microwave Ovens
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!