Creative Zen MicroPhoto 8GB, in recovery mode, the device is not connected
My player went into recovery mode. When I try to run firmware the software says that my player is not connected. Although, it is connected and I can see in in device manager. I tried my another Creative MicroPhoto player, and with this player software runs ok.
Re: Creative Zen MicroPhoto 8GB, in recovery mode, the...
If you can connect your device just keep it connected on the computer for a day or two, then turn it off and take the battery off and let it sit for 10 minutes or so then but it back in and turn it on. it will say rebuilding library. let it do that and it should work if not ur screwed!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try reflashing the firmware for your device you can find the latest firmware and flashing utilities from the manufacturer?s website. Make sure that you back your music up first because when you do this you are setting it back to factory settings.
First off, download the Firmware upgrade from Creative (http://support.creative.com/downloads/welcome.aspx?nDriverType=4#type_4)
Don't run it just yet!
Now, go into the Zen Micro's Recovery Mode:
1. Take out the battery 2. Press and hold the ON/LOCK button in the ON position (far left) and put the battery back in the player. 3. The player will then switch on - wait until "Recovery Mode" appears on the screen then let go of the ON/LOCK button.
The Recovery Mode options include an option to "Reload Firmware".
Now connect your Zen Micro to your PC and run the Firmware upgrade. Your player should be recognized by the Firmware uploader. If it isn't, then then your player has other damage.
Try this: disconnect the player from the computer, turn it off,hold in the volume + button, and reconnect the player to the computer while holding the volume + button in. Keep holding the volume + button for an additional 5-50 seconds. Windows should eventually go into recovery mode and revive the player- it will pop up a window that says Found New Hardware Wizard.
Solution ID # 4794 from creative site
ZEN Micro and ZEN MicroPhoto
1. Make sure that the battery is charged.
2. Detach the ZEN Micro or MicroPhoto from the PC, and ensure that it is turned off.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Move and hold the Power button to the Power On position and re-insert the battery to the ZEN Micro or MicroPhoto. Hold the Power button until the Recovery Mode appears.
The following options will be displayed:
-Clean Up : Scans the player and removes invalid links from its music library.Does not affect music files themselves.
-Format (All):Caution! Erases all content!Save a copy of your player's content before formatting.
-Reload OS/ Firmware : Caution! Erases your player's firmware.
DO NOT select the Reload Firmware option unless you have access to a PC and you have downloaded the necessary firmware to install.
Reboot Reboots the device.