Question about Kenmore 41389 Electric Double Oven
This error code on a Kitchen Aid range indicates a keypad short on the Electronic Range Control (ERC) board. This is the clock/timer on the operator console. The recommended fix is to replace the ERC. You can generally find replacement parts at these websites:
searspartsdirect.com appliancepartspros.com repairclinic.com
All these sites offer great service with competitive pricing, so shop and compare.
Replacing an ERC is not a difficult repair and can be accomplished by the average do-it-yourselfer. If you decide to order the part and wish to repair this on your own, follow these steps:
1. UNPLUG the range. Dangerous voltage is still present inside even with the range turned off.
2. Pull the range away from the wall and turn the unit around so you can access the rear panel.
3. Remove the screws on the back of the operator console.
4. Carefully disconnect the connector plugs to the ERC. Take note of how they are connected, so that you can reinstall them correctly.
NOTE: The connectors are usually color coded with the colors printed on the circuit board. However, if the colors are not printed on the board, write them down. (A digital camera also comes in real handy for this).
5. With the connectors removed, remove the mounting screws to the ERC and the assembly will come out.
NOTE: Most replacement ERC boards do not come with the overlay. This is the plastic pre-printed number display. The overlay can easily be peeled off and re-used. Just make sure you properly orient the overlay so that you don't inadvertently place it on the new board upside down. If your existing overlay is damaged, you will need to order separately.
6. Install new ERC using the steps provided in reverse order. Minimize handling the new circuit board with your bare hands to avoid damaging the board.
If you have any questions about this repair, please post back with you complete model number, so that I may be able to provide you with better assistance. I hop this information helps you.
pleas rate this solution
Posted on Oct 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2012 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Sep 20, 2012 | Frigidaire 30 in. Electric Gallery Series...
Jul 16, 2009 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Jun 17, 2009 | GE JTP15 Electric Single Oven
Jul 19, 2008 | Kenmore 47722 / 47724 / 47729 Electric...
Nov 02, 2007 | Kenmore 47772/47774/47779 Electric Double...
Jul 29, 2007 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
96 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: