Question about Ovens
This error code on a Kitchen Aid range indicates a keypad short on the Electronic Range Control (ERC) board. This is the clock/timer on the operator console. The recommended fix is to replace the ERC. You can generally find replacement parts at these websites:
All these sites offer great service with competitive pricing, so shop and compare.
Replacing an ERC is not a difficult repair and can be accomplished by the average do-it-yourselfer. If you decide to order the part and wish to repair this on your own, follow these steps:
1. UNPLUG the range. Dangerous voltage is still present inside even with the range turned off.
2. Pull the range away from the wall and turn the unit around so you can access the rear panel.
3. Remove the screws on the back of the operator console.
4. Carefully disconnect the connector plugs to the ERC. Take note of how they are connected, so that you can reinstall them correctly.
NOTE: The connectors are usually color coded with the colors printed on the circuit board. However, if the colors are not printed on the board, write them down. (A digital camera also comes in real handy for this).
5. With the connectors removed, remove the mounting screws to the ERC and the assembly will come out.
NOTE: Most replacement ERC boards do not come with the overlay. This is the plastic pre-printed number display. The overlay can easily be peeled off and re-used. Just make sure you properly orient the overlay so that you don't inadvertently place it on the new board upside down. If your existing overlay is damaged, you will need to order separately.
6. Install new ERC using the steps provided in reverse order. Minimize handling the new circuit board with your bare hands to avoid damaging the board.
If you have any questions about this repair, please post back with you complete model number, so that I may bre able to provide you with better assistance. I hop this information helps you.
thanks and thanks for visiting this site.
Posted on Oct 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2011 | Whirlpool Ovens
Nov 03, 2010 | Whirlpool RBD245PDS Electric Double Oven
Sep 15, 2010 | Ovens
Jun 03, 2010 | Whirlpool RBD275PD Electric Double Oven
Mar 26, 2010 | Whirlpool RBD245PDS Electric Double Oven
Jan 06, 2010 | Whirlpool RBS245PDS Electric Single Oven
Jan 04, 2010 | Whirlpool RBD306PD Electric Double Oven
Nov 21, 2009 | Whirlpool Ovens
Dec 20, 2008 | Whirlpool RBS245PDS Electric Single Oven
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!