I have an Aspire 3680 Acer laptop and it has Acer Arcade bundled with the other software on the laptop. I am not able to view DVDs on the laptop using Acer Arcade. Please help!
"Installing other playback software affects the codecs Acer Arcade needs to playback the disc properly. I suggest you reinstall Arcade and see if the playback in Arcade clears up. Here are the steps to do this:
To restore a driver or application that was preinstalled on your computer from the factory, you need to run Acer eRecovery, here are the steps:
1. Move your mouse over the Empowering technology widget and click on the eRecovery Manager icon or you may also press ALT and F10 on the keyboard to start the program.
Please note: The first time you access the eRecovery feature, you are prompted to create a password. If you forget it then you will have to use the recovery discs to reformat the system.
2. In the next window look at the bottom of the window and choose Restore.
3. Now choose Reinstall Applications/Drivers
4. Choose Install
5. Click on Windows Vista on the left side of the page
6. Choose driver or applications.
7. In the list choose the item you wish to install
8. On the right click the install link and follow the prompts.
9. The system may restart when installation is complete
Do not allow the system to shut down during this process. Plug in the AC adapter if necessary. "
Sep 18, 2008 |
Acer PC Desktops