Question about Dremel Garden
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: No operation
Hello their, thanks for trying fixya, the issue with these type of tools is normally the ac motor, their are many diffident types used but yours in particular 120V, 50-60 Hz, AC, 1.15 amp double insulated motor. Operates from 5,000 to 30,000 RP, their is a electric motor that may have failed on you or the switch could burned out. this is possible when the contacts are shorted for to long become to hot and overload the small circuit used to control potential voltages to the motor, consider it like a variable pot switch.
a simple test here would be you can take the unit apart easily enough and unplug from wall, make sure you have no voltage from mains going in. when the unit is not plugged in get your trusty voltage ohm meter or vom
Posted on Nov 27, 2009
Here's the email from I got from Dremel (in my case the flex coupling broke):
Inside the tool is a flex coupling and spline driver.
The flex coupling is # 2615294309 and the price is $ 1.25.
This is the hollow plastic sleeve about 1" long with grooves on the
inside, that goes between the motor shaft and the output shaft.
The spline driver is # 2615294308 at $ 1.00.
Spline driver sits on the direct end of the motor shaft. The flex
coupling sits over the spline driver. Spline driver is about 1/4",
hard plastic with grooves on the outside.
Total shipping for orders under $ 5.00 is $ 2.50. Orders over $
5.00 is $ 4.00.
I have provided ordering instructions below.
To order by phone: 1-800-437-3635, Monday-Friday from 7 am to 6 pm
central time. VISA, MasterCard or Discover is accepted.
To order by mail:
4915 21st Street
Racine WI 53406
Posted on Apr 17, 2010
SOURCE: I do not know how
it is easy, you may find first time that it will not be so, but if you follow advice, it will become even more easy.
1. switch off motor
2. unplug from power
3. find button on the base close to rotating bit, press and hold, this is shaft lock which if applied correctly (you may need to rotate shaft a bit till it fully engage) will stop shaft from rotating
4. apply small spanner (provided with set) to collet collar (collet have two indentations fitting perfectly little spanner)
5. if shaft is held up, turn spanner anticlockwise, then use your hand to undo collar completely
6. remove collet and bit - separate bit from collet
7. collet comes in many sizes, select correct size for new bit
8. insert collet into throat
9. lightly screw in collar
10, insert new bit, at least 2/3 of the bit shank must be inserted into the collet!
11. held shaft lock button pressed
12 hand tighten the collar till bit is locked firmly in place
13. do not use spanner to tighten! if collar do not held properly, re-tighten by hand only!
14. wear always glasses when operating dremmel, or any other rotating machinery, it is not a toy! and exploding bit will penetrate not only your bit of woo, or metal but your eye as well... and your have only two and no spares...
if you find my advice useful, please do not hesitate to vote4 for me, or leave comment, or both... thanx!
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
The part that goes between the motor and the chuck is called the CLUTCH UNIT,
REF 2615294309 it is a splined rubberised sleeve, it also fits the 276 and 396.
The price is £3.69 (including vat at17.5%) and can be obtained from Jaymac (Derby) Ltd.
Posted on Sep 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2011 | Dremel Variable - Speed Multipro Rotary...
Jul 23, 2008 | Dremel Variable - Speed Multipro Rotary...
Jun 16, 2011 | Dremel Variable - Speed Multipro Rotary...
Jul 19, 2010 | Dremel 395 Variable Speed Multipro Rotary...
Jul 13, 2009 | Dremel Variable - Speed Multipro Rotary...
Apr 14, 2009 | Dremel 395 Variable Speed Multipro Rotary...
Feb 20, 2009 | Dremel Variable - Speed Multipro Rotary...
Feb 15, 2009 | Dremel Variable - Speed Multipro Rotary...
Aug 16, 2008 | Dremel Variable - Speed Multipro Rotary...
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: