Question about Kenmore Dryers
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you did not say how old? but I find that all it takes is one wire to get old, and starts to heat up because electric cant flow through it, then it gets worse and worse fast, then heats up the whole block, till the whole thing gets melted...bad thing is its happens slow enough that the standard 30 amp breaker won't trip during this slow melt down!
Posted on Mar 13, 2009
This is probably a model that has two access holes at the bottom front of the dryer -about 4-5" from each side- usually closed off with plastic discs. Just an inch up from the washing machine. Pry out the plastic discs with a flat screwdriver and you should see a screw inside each of the two openings. Remove the screws and you will be able to tip the dryer up and slide it back a few inches to detatch from the back. Use two people to lift the dryer down as it is bulky but not too heavy.
This is probably a model that has two access holes at the bottom front of the dryer -about 4-5" from each side- usually closed off with plastic discs. Just an inch up from the washing machine. Pry out the plastic discs with a flat screwdriver and you should see a screw inside each of the two openings. Remove the screws and you will be able to tip the dryer up and slide it back a few inches to detatch from the back.
Use two people to lift the dryer down as it is bulky but not too heavy.
Posted on Oct 12, 2007
You will need to pry the front corners of the top to open and then remove the front to get inside. Please unplug first , Thanks, Sea Breeze
Posted on Mar 29, 2009
its probably either a thermal cut off, thermostat,and or heating element. you need an ohm meter to check each one for resistance and replace whats bad
Posted on Apr 23, 2009
I would think that:
Low voltage. A lack of proper voltage increases the current flow (amps) and can cause overheating, thus, a burnt wire. Remember, the lower the voltage, the higher the amps.
Bad connection. Poor connections can cause small amounts of arcing, thus burning the connection. This adds resistance to the circuit which causes a possible voltage drop and, again overheating due to higher amps.
Since all that equipment is on the same circuit, I would really think it is a voltage drop situation. With everything calling for power at the same time, the breaker trips. In some cases, it may be just enough for the breaker not to trip but still have a low voltage situation.
There is the possibility of an over current, such as a power spike from the power company but it would have to happen more than just a time or two.
And the outside chance that lighting got into the system when it struck something close to you home but it, in almost every case, would destroy something else, usually electronic. (This has happened to me. Trashed my dryer, dishwasher, and answering machine.)
Good luck and hope this helps. Le me know how you come out.
Posted on May 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2016 | Amana ALG443RAW Gas Dryer
Feb 10, 2012 | Washing Machines
Jul 10, 2017 | Jenn-Air Cooktops
Jun 22, 2010 | Kenmore 63942 Dryer
May 26, 2010 | Whirlpool LTE5243D Top Load Stacked...
Dec 15, 2009 | LaCie Computers & Internet
Aug 19, 2009 | GE Profile Harmony DPGT750EC Electric...
Jun 06, 2009 | Kenmore 62602 Electric Dryer
Jan 19, 2009 | Kenmore 98702 Stacked Washer/Dryer
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: