When I try to turn on my Archos, it'll go to the Archos entertainment your way screen and then it won't do anything.
I read a bunch of solutions and stuff like that, but after trying them like, 4 or 5 times they STILL haven't worked.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I fixed my son's 605 4 GB had Recovery code (104) on it These are the steps i followed
* Use the computer for this process that you always used for this archos
* Download the firware Upgrade 2.1
* Plug the Archos to Pc
* When the white screen comes up do format
* Wait until all done then put the firmware in to the root sector of the Archos
* Safely remove the usb for Archos from your pc first and then unplug the cable.
* Do not pick any option on the Archos screen
* Just turn it off from the power button by holding it until it turns off
* Wait about 5 minutes and plug in back to pc
it will come up with white screen again but this time it will start
Update you will see the progress bar moving wait until it is all done
and it will shut off. Turn it back on Your archos will be back to normal.
When you go to download from Archos site it will explain how to download depending upon how your device pops up on your Pc.
Hope this helps
recovery code 102 screen - this error message means the the hard disk has failed - I am guessing that the unit has been dropped at some point - Sorry but it back to Archos - The UK number is 0207 949 0115
then i upgraded to Archos 605 Wifi (20GB-160GB) OS v 2.1.04 heres the link for 2.0.10 http://update.archos.com/5/a605/a605_r2.0.10/firmware_a605.aos and heres the link for 2.1.04 http://update.archos.com/5/a605/a605_r2.1.04/firmware_a605.aos
I found the tech support line very helpful when I first got mine last December. Some things were solved with firmware. Sounds like you might need to get it replaced and you should be well within a warranty period to give a new one a try. Good luck! I love my archos 605!
Just watching a movie and my archos just froze in mid play , did a switch off to rest it and guess what it wont restart , ses ARCHOS in green at the start but wont reeboot have tried the reset button inside but no joy what so ever , any tips or advice 'or shall i just ship it back to Archos ....