Question about Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet Printer
1. Unplug/disconnect the power cord from your printer
2. Press Set button,while holding the Set button re-
connect the power to your printer
3. The Error code will be display "Machine Error 46"
4. If the Error code appear, press the "arrow up button"
( ^ ) there will be numbers that are going to be display.
5. Choose 8 then press Set Button
6. Press Arrow Up button again then Choose Zero (0) and
press Set Button Again,now you will enter Service Mode.
8. Press "Mono Key/Button" 25 times or until "Purge Counter Appear"
9. Now press arrow up (^) again then choose "2" press Set Button
10. Press Arrow Up (^) again then choose "7" press Set Button
11. Press Arrow Up (^) again then choose "8" press Set Button
12. Press Arrow Up (^) again then choose "3" press Set Button
13. The purge counter will be reset to Zero.
14. Now Press Stop/Exit Button
15. You will return to Machine Error 46
16. Press Arrow Up (^) then choose 9 press Set Button
17. Press Arrow Up (^) again then once more choose 9 press Set Button
18. Your Printer will reset then wait until it power up again.
Posted on Oct 02, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 29, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 10, 2011 | Brother DCP-7030 Digital All-in-One Laser...
Aug 05, 2010 | Brother DCP 130C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 19, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Jul 13, 2009 | Brother MFC 240C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 07, 2017 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 02, 2008 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-240C...
Jul 04, 2008 | Brother MFC-3240C All-In-One InkJet...
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!