Accessing email using bt2700hg router with talktalk
The problem is very simple - I can access internet but cannot get through to any email. Have checked all the settings plus different routers (me email is accessible). Seems weird for me. Any answers or ideas would be very apprecieated.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you can access the internet at all with/thru your router, then it's not the router that is keeping you from accessing your yahoo email. Either you are not typing out the user name and password correctly, or there's a problem with yahoo. Make sure your "caps lock" is off when trying to login; unless you use caps for your login regularly.
It should be ok aslong as it is in sync. Can you tell me what router settings your using for talktalk? It should be PPPoA, Vc Mux, Mtu of 1432, Idle of 0. Ip assigned by isp is yes. Also make sure your username and password is correct.The username is going to be firstname.lastname@example.org and password is as provided by talktalk. IF your getting stable sync on the belkin the distance and noise levels shouldnt be causing an issue.
I presume that your internet was working fine before you bought your new laptop. Unless you've done something to change it it should still be working as before.
You shouldn't need a CD - if you think about it you don't need a CD when you log in in Starbucks so why should you need one at home?
The only thing you need to know is the router's wireless name; Talktalk 12345etc, and its password - which is the password your son is using.
I can't explain why you can't connect when your son is connected - as the router should be able to host 253 laptops (very very slowly mind) - unless the router has been set with an access list that only allows his laptop to connect.
You did everything correctly so far, and your 2wire is getting the signal and info it needs. The unable to contact config server error is not a problem, as thats just 2wires update server, which wont hurt anything if not found. The password defaults back to 8 because of security issues, its still the same one you entered, so thats fine also. Now one thing you should try is the only thing different about the 2 routers. The 2wire has a built in firewall in it, try turning it off for your computer. Click on the firewall tab, then firewall settings. Select your computer and put the dot in DMZ mode and save it. Then restart the pc and see if it works after that. Other then that it could be a problem with the 2wire itself, since you are authenticating fine with your Internet provider.
My problem is not being able to work wirelessly with my laptop. My answers to your questions are underlined(I've used your questions to someone elses problem)
One possible issue is your router's wireless radio is not enabled- the light on the router is lite on the symbol for wireless
or the wireless radio is not enabled on the computer you are attempting to connect to the router with - there is a switch on the front of this machine which is switched to wireless.
There are many other possibilities as well. That is why we need you to carefully answer EACH ONE of the following questions.
(01) Which of the following is your router? -->> F5D7230-4 (Wireless G Router)
(03) Are ANY of the computers connected to your Belkin router able to access the Internet? YES
(04) If there are other computers connected to the router that are able to access the Internet, how are they connected? (in each case, please) only this machine is connected but it is by.... (b) wired (using an Ethernet patch cable connected between the router and the computer)
(05) What is the manufacturer and model number of the computer you are attempting to access the Internet via the router on?
HP Pavilion dv2500
(06) What operating system is installed on the computer you are attempting to access the Internet via the router on?
This machine is operating on Vista but the internet access I have is with talktalk
(07) Have you ever successfully connected (wirelessly) to the Internet from the computer you are attempting to wirelessly access the Internet through your Belkin router on? NO
I hope you don't mind me using your questions to someone else, I thought you might be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I am connected to the internet but don't seem to be able to work wirelessly. Lorraine