Question about Uniden Radio Communications

1 Answer

UNIDEN PMR885 Hi, Can you help me find a charger for the Uniden PMR885 radios, which will work in the UK. I need an AC DC transformer that will charge the radios at 9v 350ma.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 5 Answers

In the UK, Uniden is a brand name of MagicBox. Their customer services might be able to help:

Posted on May 28, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

What adapter do i need to connect a uniden bearcat pc78 elite inside my home

Hi Ray,

This is a mobile CB radio. According to the manual, it requires 13.8VDC @ 2.2Amps. You will need to provide an AC (house or alternating current) to DC (direct current) power supply capable of providing 13.8V at 2.2 Amps. This means the supply would be working at 100%, so obtaining a supply that would provide 4, 5 or more amps would be much less stressful on it and significantly reduces the chances of a 60 cycle hum present in the receive and transmit audio.

A representation of 13.8VDC @ 4A power supplies can be found here for $40 and up. Of course, you can go to a local electronics store and find them too. Check eBay for these, too - here.

You should be looking for a power supply that will provide 12 - 13.8 volts DC, and provide 3, 4 or more amps. The amp capacity is what will change the price - the more amps the higher the cost. You may see small "switching" power supplies - they are smaller, lighter & cheaper than traditional linear or transformer based types - so if that is the type you want to get you might want to get one that is a little bigger (5 or 6 amps) than the transformer type to get the same performance.

I hope this helps & good luck!

May 06, 2012 | Uniden Bearcat PC78 Elite 40-Channel CB...

1 Answer

Uniden uh012sx what amp fuse is in the power cord?

Hi Mike,

It's not in the actual power cord, but on the PCB inside the radio near the transformer, and from memory, the Australian model is around 1 .5 amps, but don't take that as gospel.

It should be about the same in other areas of the world accept those that use DC power supplies.

I hop that helps you.


May 02, 2012 | Uniden Radio Communications

1 Answer

One of my uniden pmr885-2ckhs two way radios is set to receive only, how can i clear this?

If you find this out let me know m8 as theres no manual on Uniden website and the product isn't even selectable here lol onof my sets is the same!

Nov 03, 2011 | Radio Communications

1 Answer

My vector vec157 will not charge on 120 volt. It works on 12 volt

If you light is charging when you use the 12v automotive charger but not when you use your AC power transformer, my thought is that you might have a problem with your AC charger, not with the light itself. I have AC/DC transformers from the 1970s that still work fine, but I have had numerous modern AC/DC transformers burn out on me in recent years.

One easy test is to use a multimeter to measure the output voltage of your wall charger. Place one test lead on each of the charging terminals (i.e., one inside the barrel and one outside the barrel, if you have a standard coaxial charging port) and check the DC reading. If it's zero--or anything less than 12 volts, actually--the charger isn't working correctly. The problem may be a torn or cut wire or something actually inside the transformer.

Replacement chargers can be found at Radio Shack and other stores. You may also be able to score a cheap replacement at a "dollar plus" store or even at a second-hand shop. Make sure that the terminal polarity is correct on your replacement charger or else you'll fry the batteries in your light.

Good luck!

Sep 08, 2011 | Vector 20 Million Power Series Spotlight

1 Answer


Hi Simon,

I'm glad to have a query that's easy-peasy to deal with.
Join yahoo group specific to your radio Make/Model, they will have the answers, plus you can freely download manuals and schematics also.

I hope this is useful.


Aug 15, 2011 | Uniden Radio Communications

1 Answer

Uniden pmr885 manual

Uniden has not yet posted the manual for the PMR885 on line, but you should be able to obtain one by sending an email request to:

Bill B

Sep 20, 2010 | Uniden Radio Communications

1 Answer

Handset charger is not charging..

is it the charger, or is it the phone not taking a charge? Many times it's the battery inside the handset. I'd try that first.
Otherwise, you can test the voltage of the power supply charger with a volt meter. If you've got the proper voltage listed on the transformer plug (normally around 5 volts DC).

Jun 10, 2010 | Uniden TRU8885-2 Cordless Phone

Not finding what you are looking for?
Radio Communications Logo

Related Topics:

389 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Uniden Radio Communications Experts


Level 2 Expert

211 Answers


Level 2 Expert

509 Answers

Level 2 Expert

500 Answers

Are you an Uniden Radio Communication Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides