Question about Western Digital My Book Essential 1TB External USB 2.0 Hard Drive
Unless your hard rive is making beeoing noises or loud clicking, it likely not damagaed at all. Not knowing you Operating System makes advice a litle tricky for what I suggest so let's just try a geYour drive should appear no in the neric approach
1, In the Control Panel in all versions of Windows is a choice called "Adminstrative Tools". Find that and get there
2. Once there, you should see a left panel in the window where you can locate "Disk Management" (your external hard drive needs to be connected)
3.Your drive should now appear in the center panel of the window
4. If you're not picky about saving what's on right click on it and then click Format. It will be newly formatted and clean wiped for storage.
5. If you need to save files then you need to rename the Drive Letter so you puter will see it in "Compuer" or "My Computer"
6. If these simple steps don't solve your dilema, you need to Google the issue and study it further to make good decisions.
7. These are considered "Advanced User" computer actions so please be patient and make sure you understand your actions before you take them.
Posted on Oct 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Dec 27, 2012 | Toshiba HDWC130XK3J1 Hard Drive - Canvio 3...
Jun 14, 2010 | SimpleTech Signature Mini 250GB External...
Jan 04, 2010 | Acomdata 1TB Puredrive USB Esata 1 TB Hard...
Sep 02, 2009 | Verbatim VER95327 USB Hard Drive
Jun 22, 2009 | Samsung (MP0804H) 80 GB Hard Drive
Mar 20, 2008 | SmartDisk FireLite 40 GB Hard Drive
543 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: