I get into qute a few HP scanner issues, like the psc750 inkjet comeing on
display saying "scanner failure". What could be the cause of this? Is there anything that can be done to help prevent it to accurr? The scanner unit in the 2840 looks almost the same as some OfficeJet inkjet printers.
I have a HP Printer HP PSC 750 - Home Printer Scanner Failure comes on after it warms up, shows scanner Failure turn power on than on, when I do this and turn it back on it show warming up and than the same message comes on I cannot print anything from my printer. I still can print from the computor.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Scanner Failure usually results in Hardware Failure. However there is one step you can try. Try connecting the printer directly to wall outlet or any other power outlet and the issue should be resolved.
I've seen a similar issue on other HP All-In-Ones. I had to contact support, but all they do is make sure you try
connecting the printer to the wall outlet instead of a surge supressor, then a different wall
outlet, then reset to factory defaults. After that didn't work, they
submitted an replacement order.
Scanner failure means that the scanner bulb is no longer working. There are a few things that can sometimes bring it back but it may be a permanent issue.
1) Make sure printer is directly into the wall and not a surge protector or power strip
2) Remove cartridges from printer
3) Unplug power from back of printer and wait 30 seconds
4) While printer is unplugged press the # and 6 keys and plug power cord in. Keep holding # and 6 until the printer has either powered off or it says semi-full reset
5) Go through initialization process - if it works great the issue with firmware is fixed. If not then the scanner bulb isn't functioning and you are looking at replacing the unit.
This is a serious hardware issue where you will not be able to copy or scan from the printer. However, printing is still possible. The only possible steps for this issue are Connecting it to a wall outlet directly, and performing a semi full reset..
Disconnect the power cord from the product. Press and hold
while reconnecting the power cord to the product, and then release both buttons.
After performing this step, try making a copy. If the issue does not resolve, replacing is the only option available.
This is probably a power issue. If you have many devices plugged in to one socket, the printer can't get enough power to start up or start the scanner. If you have a power extended cable, remover it and plug in te printer direct in the wallsocket.