Question about Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
You must have a PSP-1000 or PSP-2000, I have never worked with PSP-3000s but they might have finished those as well by now. And PSPGo's also have custom firmware now.
Or if you mean games from actual PSN, just download their media client from playstation.com and it's simple point and click.
Custom firmware is a process that inserts custom code into the firmware(operating system pretty much) files and allows it to run unsigned code/skip security data, etc. If you have a friend with a pre-modified PSP ask him/her to make a Pandora's Battery, allowing you to instantly go to custom firmware, no matter what firmware you are on. There are 1000s of tutorials for the exact same thing all over google, they're easier to find than google itself lol. But if your PSP is over a certain firmware(aka if you've updated lately) you will not be able to do this process without a pandora's battery.
Posted on Oct 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
There are two ways to install games on your Sony PSP (Play Station Portable).
The legit way is to buy original UMDs and insert them in your PSP and game on.
For the not-so-affluent, you can install Custom Firmware (CFW) on your PSP and thendownload games off the internet and copy them to your PSP and play them.
Play ISO / CSO Games on your PSP
1. Install Custom Firmware:
- There are scores of tutorials on the net on how to do this. The easier way out would be to go to any console shop, and get your PSP modded with CFW for around Rs. 200 / $5.
- A detailed tutorial on this coming up soon.
2. Download the Game ISO / CSO.
- Next, search for the game you want, and download the ISO / CSO of the game from torrent sites or any warez forums. Most of the times, the ISO / CSO is compressed into a RAR file so you will need to extract it first using WINRAR.
3. Copy the ISO / CSO to your PSP
- Connect the PSP to your computer using the data cable and goto Settings > USB Connection.
- Open your PSP drive in My Computer, and goto the ISO folder. If it isn't there already, create a new folder and rename it to ISO.
- Copy your ISO or CSO files to the ISO folder and disconnect your PSP from the computer.
4. Play the Game on your PSP
- Goto the GAME icon > Memory Stick and select the Game you just copied. Press 'X' and game on.
1. You need to have CFW (Custom Firmware) installed in order to use ISO / CSO games on your PSP. The latest version of CFW is 5.00 M33-4.
2. The latest PSP 2004 with TA 088 v3 chips and the PSP 3000 aren't moddable yet.
May 05, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Feb 19, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Feb 08, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Nov 27, 2010 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Aug 17, 2010 | Sony Video Game Consoles & Games
May 10, 2010 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Jan 10, 2010 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Jan 06, 2010 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jun 06, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: