Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
The answer is yes and almost always with a complete uninstallation of the printer and re-install. Since it's free, it absolves you of wasting time with a printer plumber raping your wallet.
Here are the main glitches that preclude a successful HP redo.
1. After uninstall, reboot.
2. Back at desktop, Hold down the Windows Logo key and press the R key. Type in %temp% and hit enter.
3. You are now viewing the hidden Temp Files. Delete every one Windows allows and don't worry about the rest
4. Open a browser and type in "Ccleaner Cnet Download"
5. Download Ccleaner by saving to desktop.
6. Install Ccleaner and say yes to everything
7. Clean the files
8.Switch to registry button in left panel
9. Run the Reg cleaner and aggree to everything it suggests and save everything it suggests in the windows it suggests
10. Reboot your computer
That's your printer but you have some choices so make the right ones as you proceed
11. When you're at the right page for your printer and your Operating System, Download the "Full Feature" software to your desktop by saving it there.
12. Reboot your computer
13. Left click on the Hp Install File you downloaded and DO NOT connect your printer until prompted
14. Noqw you'll really know if your software was just messed up or you need you local HP Printer rep to fix your mess.
PLUS....you're computer will be clean and you'll know how to do it.
4 thumbs up or nothing here. 3 is neutral, 2 eats away at my rating, 1 just hurts me.
You learned something
Posted on Oct 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2014 | HP LaserJet 4L Printer
Sep 12, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4L Printer
Jul 26, 2010 | HP LaserJet 4L Printer
Nov 19, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4L Printer
Aug 31, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4L Printer
Apr 10, 2006 | HP LaserJet 4L Printer
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!