Question about Hardware & Accessories
If I understand correctly, you are controlling 240V water well pump with Intermatic C8866 Repeat timer.
So you must be using pump to irrigate, and want to turn pump on at certain times of day for short periods ... and want this schedule to repeat continually non-stop.
1) The c8866 repeats the same program every 4 hours so this is good choice for irrigation and it just turns the circuit on-and-off so it works fine with well control box (unless you want more complex programming).
Many types and prices of cycle timers
More cycle timers
Let me give a buckshot answer and see if I hit one of the targets you have.
2) C8866 according to manual:
a) You have on-off trippers
b) First ON tripper turns on load for 32-40 seconds
c) Each additional ON tripper will lengthen ON time by 30 seconds
3) To lengthen ON time: add successive ON trippers into dial. Each successive tripper adds 30 seconds. Let's say you want ON time to be 3 minutes, you need 6 successive ON trippers.
Maximum timer setting is 240 minutes, so your ON-OFF program repeats every 4 hours.
10 Tripper pins come with timer.
Buy more pins at Grainger for 2.69
4) Did you say the clock stops running after hitting the tripper? If so, maybe you need a bit of grease on the pins ... or a new clock motor? Buy clock motors at Aplus
5) Review the wiring
Hots from Breaker connect to COM and CLOCK poles
1 Hot to Load connects to NO normally open pole
Other Hot to load connects to CLOCK pole
6) You can reverse ON-OFF programming by the following:
Change Hot to Load from NO to NC pole and this will reverse on-off programming
Posted on Oct 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 27, 2013 | Intermatic & Indoor/Outdoor Rain Tight...
Mar 24, 2013 | Hardware & Accessories
Aug 31, 2011 | Intermatic T101P3 Pool Timer IndoorOutdoor...
Aug 20, 2011 | Intermatic & Indoor/Outdoor Rain Tight...
Feb 04, 2011 | Intermatic T10404R - Two 220 time clocks...
Jan 07, 2011 | Intermatic C8865 Timer, 1HR CYCLE TIME, 30...
Dec 01, 2010 | Intermatic T101 - 24 Hr. Dial Time Switch...
Nov 15, 2010 | Intermatic Timer PF1222TB Multi Circuit...
Oct 09, 2010 | Intermatic T104 24h 208-277v Mechanical...
Aug 29, 2010 | Intermatic T10404R - Two 220 time clocks...
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!