Question about Averatec Computers & Internet
1. Go to your Device Manager and check to see if the USB ports appear with weird yellow globs or checks. If they do, right click on them an re-enable them.
2. If that's no go, shut down your computer, boot from the power button and tap on the F8 key like a maniac until you see choices. Scroll to Safe Mode using the arrow keys and hit the Enter key.
3. Now, just be patient, and forgive me for not explaining why. Watch wild black and white record of only the essential drivers for you machine scroll by until you come to a big distorted desktop with ICONs too big
4. Check and see if you can get on the net
5. If you can, in the open browser, type in "Malwarebytes Cnet Free Download". Choose the link that looks like what you tyed and download Malwarebytes by SAVE to you Desktop.
6. Install Malwarebytes and then run it.Just follow the instructions and remove the virus that blocked your USB ports (remove ALL the viruseand then reboot your computer from the Start button in Safe Mode)
7. If you end up back at the "choices" window, choose "Start WIndows Normally"
8. Check your USB ports
9. If not working, go to the Averatec Support Site, choose Drivers and Downloads, get your model and your Operating System chosen and download the support drivers for your machine.
10. If some of this seems Greek or Russian, get a friend to help and don't trash my rating. LOL 2 stars actually screw me. Leave 3,4 or none.
Posted on Oct 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 22, 2013 | ASUS X75A-DS51 17.3" Notebook Computer
Sep 23, 2010 | Beyond Micro Mobile / 250GB / 7200 / 8MB /...
May 29, 2010 | BafoTech BAFO BF-810 Serial Adapter
Jan 26, 2009 | Sony 1GB Micro Vault Ultra Mini USB 2.0...
Oct 19, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 31, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Jun 13, 2008 | Compaq Presario 5716 PC Desktop
Jan 14, 2008 | Computers & Internet
151 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: