Question about Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oftentimes the uninstall and re-install of a printer driver/software package is not thorough.
These are the steps.
1. Uninstall the printer from the contorl panel and always choose complete removal of all associated items or preferences.
2. Restrat the computer
3. Go to the Lexmark Support Page and forget you own a disk. Track down the exact model of your printer and your current operating system
4. Download the driver/software by saving it to your desktop, not RUN.
5. Hold down the Windows Logo key at bottom left of keyboard and press the R key. Your temp file window will appear (uninstalls leave behind unwanted and interfering files that Lexmark does not remove as it should). Delete every file in that window that "Windows" (whatever version) will allow.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Disconnect your printer from the computer but leave it powered on
8. Double click on file on your Desktop for the new install of your printer driver/software. DO NOT connect the printer until prompted.
9. Complete the installation.
Posted on Oct 02, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 23, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 25, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 11, 2011 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
May 03, 2011 | Computers & Internet
From the Windows desktop, open the printer's properties window.
Dec 03, 2010 | Canon MF8180C Color Laser MFC Printer
Oct 26, 2010 | HP Deskjet 1120c InkJet Printer
Oct 13, 2009 | Dell 1700n Laser Printer
Mar 24, 2009 | Epson Stylus DX4200 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 14, 2009 | Dell Inkjet 720 Printer
Dec 12, 2008 | Lexmark JetPrinter X1185 All-In-One InkJet
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!