Question about Compaq Presario 5005 (470014-507) PC Desktop
Please just follow the below steps fix your problem
1. Check for loose electrical and VGA cables. Remove the electric cord from the back of the monitor, then put it back in place. Remove the VGA cable from the computer and monitor and put it back in place. Make sure the connection is tight. If you're using a cable extender, remove it.
2. Plug the monitor's electric cord into a different outlet. If you're using a UPS or surge protector, plug it directly into a wall outlet.
3. Attach the monitor to a different computer. If the monitor still doesn't work, replace the monitor's cable. Make sure the cable is less than 5 feet long. If it still doesn't work, the monitor will need to be replaced or repaired. If it works with no problem on the other computer, troubleshoot your video card.
4. Unplug your computer from the monitor and power outlet. Remove the cover. Pull the video card out of the slot on the system board. Push it back into place. Be sure the connection is secure.
5. Put the CD that came with your video card into your computer's CD-ROM drive. Follow the directions to reinstall the video card drivers. Download a new version of the drivers from the manufacturer's website if necessary.
6. Right-click a blank area of your Desktop. Choose "Properties" from the display menu. Click the "Settings" tab. Try different screen resolutions to resolve the problem.
7. Determine whether the problem is caused by electrical interference. Electrical interference will make the monitor appear jumpy or wavy. Move any speakers, radios, fans or other items that can cause electrical interference away from the monitor.
Posted on Oct 02, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2011 | HP SmartBuy Pro 3000 MT Pent Dual Core...
Oct 20, 2010 | GPS
Jul 09, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 19, 2009 | Apple iPod touch Second Gen (8 GB,...
May 24, 2009 | Sharp Cameras
May 23, 2009 | Dell XPS M1330 Laptop
Apr 18, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9700t Notebook PC
Dec 28, 2008 | Amptron AMV 17V5 17" LCD Flat Panel...
Jun 04, 2008 | HP vs15 15"LCD Flat Panel Monitor
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: