Question about Computers & Internet
1. Purchase a wireless router that fits your needs and price range.
2. Follow the router's manual to set up the router and its Internet connection, which will probably require connecting a wired client to the router. Once the wireless router is set up, the wired connection is no longer necessary. However, it's best to leave the wired client connected if it's a separate computer from that on which you're going to set up WiFi. If something goes wrong, you can access the administration interface again.
3. Gather information from the setup process. In order to set up the wireless client, you will need to know the service set identifier (SSID), the Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP) key and the channel and mode.
4. Boot up the laptop and plug in the WiFi card. This will not be necessary if your laptop has an integrated WiFi card.
5. Install any drivers needed to use the WiFi card. Insert the disc that came with the WiFi card and follow the on-screen installation process. Most discs will trigger a new hardware wizard that makes installation extremely simple.
6. Double-click on the "WiFi Connection" icon. It can be found in the system tray at the bottom of the laptop screen.
7. Click on "Properties."
8. Select the "Wireless Networks" tab.
9. Use the "Add" button at the bottom of the dialog if your WiFi network isn't in the "Available Networks" section.
10. Click on "Configure" when you see your network's SSID in the "Available Networks."
11. Enter your network's SSID and WEP key.
12. Click on "Start," then choose "Connect To" and "Wireless Network Connection." Your computer should now be able to access the WiFi network. If the WiFi network is connected to the Internet, it should also be able to connect to the Internet.
Have great day.
Posted on Oct 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 01, 2012 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Dec 27, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 25, 2011 | Sylvania G-Netbook
Jul 29, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 5100 Laptop
Dec 30, 2010 | Belkin F5D7234-4 Router
Jul 16, 2010 | Dell Inspiron E1505 Notebook
Mar 05, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 19, 2009 | D-Link DIR-300 Wireless Router
Aug 16, 2008 | D-Link DSL-G604T Wireless Router
Jun 14, 2008 | Computers & Internet
172 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!