You can go to the Maytag web site and download the manual.
www.maytag.com, or go to
and download the manual
• It is normal for parts of the ovens to become hot during a self-clean cycle.
• To prevent damage to oven doors, do not attempt to open the doors when LOCK is displayed.
• Avoid touching doors, windows or oven vent area during
a clean cycle.
• Do not use commercial oven cleaners on the oven finish or around any part of the ovens. They will damage the finish or parts.
• Do not leave baking/pizza stone in the oven during self-clean.
The self-clean cycle uses above-normal cooking temperatures
to automatically clean the oven interior.
The oven should be cleaned regularly by wiping up spillovers
to prevent excessive smoke and flare-ups. Do not allow a
heavy build-up of soil to accumulate in the oven.
During the cleaning process, the kitchen should be well
ventilated to get rid of normal odors associated with cleaning.
1. Turn off the oven light before cleaning as the light may burn out during the clean cycle.
2. Remove broiler pan, all pans, and oven racks from the oven. The oven racks will discolor and may not slide easily after a self-clean cycle if they are not removed.
3. Clean oven frame, door frame (area outside of gasket, and around the opening in the door gasket) with a nonabrasive
cleaner such as Bon Ami* or detergent and water. The self-cleaning process does not clean these areas. They should be cleaned to prevent soil from baking on during the clean
cycle. (The gasket is the seal around the oven door and window.)
4. To prevent damage, do not clean or rub the gasket around the oven door. The gasket is designed to seal in heat during the clean cycle.
5. Wipe up excess grease or spillovers from the oven bottom. This prevents excessive smoking, flare-ups or flaming during the clean cycle.
6. Wipe up sugary and acidic spillovers such as sweet potatoes, tomato, or milk-based sauces. Porcelain enamel is acid-resistant, not acid-proof. The porcelain finish may discolor if acidic or sugary spills are not wiped up before a self-clean cycle.
• Oven temperature must be below 400° F to program a clean cycle.
• Only one oven can be cleaned at a time.
• Both oven doors lock when either oven is being cleaned.
To set Self-Clean:
1. Close the oven door.
2. Press the Clean pad.
• CLEAN flashes.
• SET and UPPER or LOWER flash in the display.
3. Press the Autoset pad.
• “MEd” (Medium Soil, 3 hours) is displayed.
4. Press the Autoset pad to scroll through the self-cleaning settings.
“HVy” (Heavy Soil, 4 hours)
“MEd” (Medium soil, 3 hours)
“LITE” ( Light Soil, 2 hours)
Choosing the soil level of the oven automatically programs the self-cleaning time.
5. After four seconds, the oven will start cleaning.
• If the door is not closed, beeps will sound and ‘door’ will display. If the door is not closed within 30 seconds, the self-cleaning operation will be canceled and the display will return to the time of day.
• CLEAN will appear in the display.
• LOCK will flash in the display. Once the door locks, LOCK will
• The cleaning time will start counting down in the display.
Nov 27, 2007 |
Maytag MER6772 Gemini Electric Kitchen...