Question about RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone
Your phone has suffered a severe software failure and may need professional attention, but you have nothing to lose by trying the following steps (courtesy of GaryCutri on blackberryforumscom.au):-
1. Download the latest firmware from carrier's website - FULL LIST
2. Install the firmware onto a PC running BlackBerry Desktop Manager. DO NOT CONNECT YOUR BLACKBERRY TO THE PC YET!
3. Open Desktop Manager > Select Applications Loader > Select Update Software > Leave the Device PIN\Password prompt on screen.
4. Connect the device and when the PIN appears (or even if it says PIN: UNKNOWN) press OK. If the PIN doesn't appear connect the device with the battery removed and when the PIN appears press OK.
5. Once the device is detected it will show you a list of the firmware to be installed. If this is only a short list select Advanced (or Options on some version) so you can see the full list of software. Ensure you select all the required components.
6. Continue through the wizard and the device will be reloaded within 45 minutes. Please ensure you do not interrupt this process.
7. Once the device is reloaded you will need to resend your BIS service books or if you are on BES (Corporate users only) you will have to reactivate the device (you will need the I.T. department to assist you with this step).
Posted on Oct 01, 2010
I think your password counter failure has been reached maximum limit. You supposed to be use your puk code to unlock blackberry 8520 pin, the only option left that you can do is doing cable unlocking process at mobile repair shop. That method will make your blackberry unlocked from your current password and network carrier.
Posted on Oct 28, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 13, 2013 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone
Jun 17, 2012 | RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530 Smartphone
Nov 29, 2010 | Cell Phones
Nov 09, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone
Oct 31, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone
Sep 07, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone
May 20, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone
Aug 22, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530 Smartphone
Apr 10, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 Cellular...
411 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!