Question about Scotts Company Scotts Lawns Easy Hand Held Spreader
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hello, to solve your question about what number to use to calibrate your broadcast spreader, please use the step-by-step instructions below:
1. If you don't already know the square footage of your lawn, please walk off or measure, multiplying the length by width. For example, my lawn is 100 ft wide by 100 ft long; this equals 10,000 sq. ft.
2. Use this figure (30,000 sq ft) to determine how much fertilizer, insecticide, fungicide,apply etc., to purchase and apply.
3. To calibrate the spreader for applying your product at the correct rate, first weigh and hold out an amount of product to cover a pre-determined test area; for example, enough for a 200 sq ft space.
4. Because most lawn fertilizers are packaged to cover areas in 1000 sq ft increments, it's easy to figure how many 1,000 sq ft applications you need for your lawn.
5. Set your spreader to 3 and measure 1/5 of the recommended application on your product, to cover a 200 sq ft area.
6. Use your spreader to cover this 200 sq ft area.
7. If there is product remaining in the hopper after walking this 200 sq ft area, increase the setting number and move to another test area, repeat steps 5 and 6.
8. If there wasn't enough product to cover the test area, back the number down, move to another test area, and repeat steps 5 and 6, until you finish with product and lawn test area at the same time.
9. Remember to never leave product in your hopper because many chemicals are corrosive and can destroy the moving parts, making the spreader inoperable.
I hope this helps!
Posted on Apr 02, 2011
Go to this web page to get all settings......
Once there I would save the file and print it out for future use....
Posted on Sep 19, 2009
I found drop-rate tables at http://www.vigoro.com/ProductCategories/WeedInsectControl/SummerFertilizer/ProductDetails/Spreader+Settings.htm and http://www.bayeradvanced.com/media/productlabel/502840A_label.pdf. I don't know how accurate they are, but they are consistent with one another so I'm using them :)
Posted on Mar 21, 2010
The best way is to just place a small amount... like 5 lb in the hopper...start with it barely open and see how far you get,,, then compute from there what you need...
The settings they give you are guesamates at best and are often set to place too much... why not??? they are selling you a product!!
Posted on May 09, 2011
SOURCE: I just bought a new
I am sorry that neither spreader performed as they should have. This is very concerning to us, and we would like to get more information about the spreaders, if you still have 1 the manufacture date would be most helpful to us. It sounds like you could possibly have an over-application of the product as well. If you could call us at 1-800-543-8873, we would be happy to discuss this with you. Stacey at Scotts.
Posted on Jun 08, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 04, 2012 | Earthway Ev - N - Spred Model 2050p Estate...
Sep 04, 2011 | Scotts 73730 AccuGreen 3000 Deluxe Drop...
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing with your lawn. This type of damage can sometimes be minimized by watering 1/2 inch every 3 days if rain is not expected. We suggest you follow this program for the next 4 weeks if you do not receive sufficient rainfall. For more information, please give Scotts a call at 800-543-8873, and we will be happy to help.
Hilary @ Scotts
Jun 16, 2011 | Scotts Company Scotts Turf Builder Classic...
May 16, 2011 | Scotts 71133 Handgreen II Hand Held...
If the product you are planning on applying has a spreader setting for a Scotts AccuGreen, or specifically for the AccuGreen 3000; you can use that recommendation in your Turf Builder Classic Drop Spreader. If they do not have a suggested spreader setting for the Accugreen, or Accugreen 3000 settings then this question would best be answered by calling Scotts directly @ 1-800-543-8873. One of our associates would be happy to assist you further.
Jan 30, 2011 | Scotts Company Scotts Turf Builder Classic...
Jul 09, 2010 | Scotts Company Scotts& Accugreeen 2000...
Jul 12, 2010 | Jackson 24" Pulltype Lawn Spreader Model...
Apr 29, 2010 | Scotts Company Scott'S& Lawn Pro Spreader...
Sep 19, 2009 | Garden
Jul 21, 2009 | Scotts Company Garden
May 19, 2015 | Scotts Company Garden
May 19, 2013 | Scotts Company Scotts Lawns Edgeguard...
2,357 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: