See section D. AIM AOLMessenger in the info below to setup the Audio & Video.Also send this to your familyand friends so they have there computer setup properly.Web Camera’s
have to besetup on the program they are to be used with.
Just installing the camera on your computer does not set it up tobroadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order forthe Audio and Video to function properly. D. AIM (AOL)Messenger
- On the VIM sign-in window click on Edit.
- Then click on Settings Enhanced IM.
- Next click on Enhanced IM.
- Then click on Audio Video.
- The Audio and Video portion has drop downs so you can select the proper audio card and video camera installed in you computer.
The Audi Video drop downs are
CameraThe audio and camera should function now.
Additional info to use with VIM settings.
Adjust Your Audioand Video Settings:In order to adjust your audio and video settings,please follow the steps given below:
1. Click the Audio and Video Settings button directlybelow the My Buddy or My Camerawindow. If you are currently participating in an AOL Live Video IM session, amessage will display: You must disconnect the current AOL LiveVideo IM conversation before running setup. Would you like to disconnect now?Click the Yes button.
2. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to helpyou verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly.Follow the on-screen prompts.Notes:
- The first time you use AOL Live Video IM, a message will display: Would you like to first check your audio and video settings? Click the Yes button. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
- images in AOL Live Video IM may appear reversed, or as a mirror image (text may appear backwards) when you look at your own camera feed or at the picture-in-picture (PIP) display.
After making the settings your ready for a chat and videotalk with your Family and Friends.