Question about HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One InkJet Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
have you tried to reset the printer?
(Take the power cord off hold # 3and then turn the printer on.)
That is an initial position problem
Parts are no longer available for this model from HP...
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
SOURCE: hp 6500 office jet refill
to refill 920:
1. If you have the plastic cap that covers the 9 mm. hole where you can see the sponge, then tape this cap to the cartidge with scotch tape. If not, use some duct/masking tape to cover the round hole.
2. Use the dry hypodermic needle to find the hole that will be found at the very center of the 920 label. With the needle, pierce the label.
3. Fill the hypodermic needle with 4 cc of ink.
4. Insert the needle 2-3 cm. into the hole made in step 2. Draw out 1 cc of air, then slowly force the 4 cc of ink into the sponge. Use toilet tissue to absorb any ink that might have escaped.
5. Let the catridge stand overnight (if possible) so as to allow the ink to evenly saturate the sponge. If not, insert it into your printer immediately.
Note: If you are going to refill catridges, be certain not to allow the sponge to dry completely. Thus, you might want to do step one immediately and to enclose it in a sealed sandwich bag upon removing an empty catridge from your printer even if you are not going to fill it immediately.
Posted on Aug 12, 2009
Your OfficeJet 6500 may need resetting. With the printer power on:
1) Disconnect the USB cable from your computer
2) Remove the ink cartridges
3) Unplug the power cord. Wait for at least 1 minute. Plug the unit back in (press the power button if necessary)
4) Wait for the "Insert Cartridges" message. Reinstall the cartridges
5) Close the product doors
6) If you receive a recalibration message, allow the printer to complete this task
7) Reconnect the USB cable
8) Try your print job again
If problems still exist, your product may need servicing by an authorised HP technician.
Posted on Dec 20, 2009
I used the drill method in the video. Took a while to get it printing again but so far, so good. THe low ink light went out so the pritner thinks the cartridge ink level went up as it did.
Will post again if it breaks.
Posted on Aug 14, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 09, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 28, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Mar 23, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Mar 17, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Feb 17, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 10, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 16, 2010 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Dec 20, 2009 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Jun 29, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 02, 2014 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
285 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: