Question about NetGear WIRELESS-G WGR614 802.11G WIRELESS ROUTER ($20.00 M.I.RebateTill 06/30/2004) (NETWGR614)
1. Use an ethernet cable to connect a computer to any one of the four LAN ports of the NETGEAR router.
2. In a web browser, enter the router's IP address - either http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 by default.
3. When prompted for a Username and Password, enter the default username and password (admin; password) unless you have already changed it. NETGEAR recommends changing the default password to increase the security of your network.
4. Select Wireless Settings from the Setup menu in the left-hand navigation bar.
Under SSID Name, Give a Unique name for Wireless N/w
5. Under Security Options, select WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key).
6. Under Security Encryption (WPA-PSK) > Passphrase, enter a passphrase.
7. * The passphrase may either be a string of 64 hexidecimal digits, or word/phrase of 8-63 ASCII characters.
* SAVE or KEEP NOTE of the passphrase - it will be required to connect wirelessly to your network.
8. Click Apply to save your settings.
9. Scan and Connect to your Wireless N/w on your Wireless Computer with your Password
Posted on Oct 02, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2011 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
Jul 27, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Apr 12, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Apr 11, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 16, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Oct 14, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 03, 2009 | Computers & Internet
At the bottom right hand corner of your screen, you have a wireless conenction icon. right click and view available wireless network...if you see your network there. connect to that network, if secured, then call netgear to verfiy what is your network key. if it is unsecure then you can log on right away.
Oct 13, 2007 | NetGear DG834G 54 Mbps 802.11g Wireless...
Jun 23, 2007 | NetGear WGR614 Router
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!