Question about Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
My washer gives me an "LF" error code in the wash cycle what should I do?
I get this problem every year or so, especially when my wife washes large items like comforters. Usually, it gets through the wash and rinse but throws the LF error code and quits before spinning all the water out!
The problem is never related to drainage issues, but rather it's always a badly calibrated (or possibly failing) water level sensor. To cure this problem, I go into the manual self test, turn on all the drain pumps to remove as much water as possible, then recalibrate the water level sensor. To perform these steps, I do the following:
To enter the self test mode, I do the following:
1. Make sure all the lights are off by hitting the Stop/Off button.
2. Press the "Clean Washer" button and hold it down for 3 seconds. Then release for 3 seconds, then pres and hold for 3 seconds, repeating this sequence 3 times before all the lights come on indicating that I'm now in the self tests.
3. Once in the self test mode, I again hit the "Clean Washer" button to tell it that I want manual self tests. If you don't do this within a certain amount of time, it automatically starts the automated tests, and then you have blown it and have to hit stop and start all over!
4. While in the manual self test mode, I use the "Clean Washer" button again to cycle through all the pump functions. The first time you hit it, it starts the recirculation pump. The second time you hit it, it turns that pump off. The 3rd press starts the drain pump, which I let run until it sounds like no water is being removed. The 4th press of this button then turns off the drain pump.
5. Once I have emptied the outer tub of as much water as I can remove, I hit the "Cycle Signal" button to calibrate the water level sensor.
Most of the time, this cures everything; however, it didn't get us through this huge comforter this morning. I suspect I will have to replace the water level sensor once and for all, but for today, I thought up a way to get the water out of our comforter and I want to share that with you as well.
I followed steps 1 through 3 to get into manual self test mode. From here, I commanded the washer to spin the comforter around a few times so that we could finish the wash. To do that, you do the following:
1. Lock the lid by pressing and releasing the "2nd Rinse" or "Extra Rinse" button. You should hear it click and the red light should come on. You need to do this or you can't fire up the motors.
2. To start spinning at 23 rpm, you hit the spin speed button once. I let it ramp up and then hit it again to speed up to 530 rpm. If everything sounds ok, I hit it again to go up to 1,000 rpm. As long as it doesn't start making thumping sounds, I let it keep going. If I hear anything that sounds bad, I hit the button again to stop the motor.
You can repeat this process several times until you feel confident that you've removed as much water as possible. You can also use the "Clean Washer" button in tandem with the spin motor to remove water from the washing machine while you spin. This worked beautifully this morning, and I plan to use this trick every time we have problems with large items.
Posted on Mar 12, 2016
How is the water filling? Slower than it should?LF (long fill) Start by removing the hot & cold hoses off the back of washer ,now look inside the valve for clogged screens,if they are clogged ,clean them.If problem continues replace the water valve.
Posted on May 26, 2008
LF = Long Fill
If the water is on and screens are clean there is a test you can do to check the log valve. There should be a repair manual inside the front panel of the machine. If yo use a screw driver in the front to open the top you should find it on the inside of the front panel. Good Luck
Posted on Dec 15, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2015 | Washing Machines
Aug 25, 2015 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Feb 13, 2015 | Whirlpool Duet WFW9250WW 4.0 Cu. Ft. Front...
Feb 16, 2013 | LG WM-0532HW Front Load Washer
Nov 24, 2012 | Washing Machines
Jun 03, 2010 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
May 31, 2010 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Jan 31, 2010 | Kenmore 4.5 cu. ft. Oasis Canyon Top Load...
Dec 02, 2007 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
1,318 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!