Question about Ovens
F1 touch pad / ERC test
This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Posted on Sep 30, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 11, 2012 | Ovens
Oct 25, 2011 | Ovens
F1 Error indicates a bad control board and the control board
(electronic control) should be replaced to solve this issue. Hope this
helps...please post back for further assistance.
Sep 19, 2011 | Ovens
May 30, 2010 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
May 28, 2010 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Feb 10, 2010 | Jenn-Air WW30430P Stainless Steel Electric...
Dec 18, 2009 | Ovens
Oct 01, 2009 | Amana AOCS3040 Electric Single Oven
Dec 16, 2008 | Ovens
Dec 15, 2008 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
178 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!