Question about Vacuums
Immediately return the product and don't drink from it in the meantime. There should be no taste or smell.
Posted on Sep 30, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2016 | Black & Decker Vacuums
Jan 30, 2015 | Black & Decker Black Decker FHV1200...
Sep 17, 2013 | Black & Decker Vacuums
Jul 05, 2011 | Black & Decker Vacuums
May 28, 2011 | Bissell 9200 Upright Vacuum
Mar 26, 2011 | Bissell 1425 Little Green ProHeat Handheld...
Make sure there is liquid in both the Tank-in-Tank and the SmartMix Bottle and check for spray through the upholstery hose. If the hose does not spray please check the following:
- Remove the belt access door and inspect the pump belt to ensure it is not broken, worn or stretched. You may also check the belt by turning on the power and watching the brush on the bottom of the machine. If the brush rotates the belt is not broken.
- Check for proper placement of the o-ring on the SmartMix Cap Insert (some o-rings are detachable and need to fit over the straw; others are molded to the cap).
- Check for liquid in the base of the machine where the SmartMix Bottle sits (SmartMix Reservoir). If there is no liquid in the reservoir, the neck on the SmartMix Bottle may be undersized, the cap will not make proper contact with the unit and the smart mix bottle will need to be replaced.
- Check for the black or red tank gasket on the SmartMix Bottle Cap and on the bottom of the Tank-in-Tank Assembly. If gasket is lodged in base of unit or has been lost, reattach gasket on auto-load or order new gasket if appropriate.
- Check the valves on the bottoms of the Tank-in-Tank and SmartMix Bottle to make sure water/solution will come through when the "x" valve is depressed. Bladder or SmartMix bottle may be empty or the valve may be blocked internally.
- Check if the small rounded window tabs on the top edge of the Floor Nozzle Window are locked in their mating slots on the base of the machine and not inadvertently lifting the tank up out of place.
Nov 16, 2010 | Vacuums
Aug 27, 2010 | Black & Decker S500 ScumBuster Handheld...
Jan 08, 2010 | Black & Decker Vacuums
Oct 17, 2009 | Black & Decker HV6000 Bagged Handheld...
198 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: