2 months old noticing touchscreen won't respond all of the time.
Is there a screen sensativity adjustment?
Also sometimes it locks up on power up at loading maps.
unfortunately, there is no screen adjustment on your Gps. I would suggest you reset the unit,if that doesn't solve the problem, then you will have to update your garmin nuvi, I think its out of date and needs to be updated. Follow the procedures below on how to update your garmin nuvi:
1. Plug one end of the USB cable into your GPS and the other end into your desktop or laptop computer. The GPS device will load the appropriate driver automatically, and a message on your GPS tells you that it is connected to your computer via USB.
2. Open your Internet browser of choice and type in the following web addres: "http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27 "
3. Download the appropriate version of the software for your computer (Windows or Apple) and Install the WebUpdater by following the wizard (accept defaults).
4. Click "Start," "Programs," "Garmin" and " WebUpdater" to update your firmware and your maps. Periodically check and make sure your software is current.
Also, in case you don't know how to reset your garmin nuvi, you can follow the steps below: There are two types of reset;
Performing a Standard Reset
1. Slide the power switch all the way to the left (with the Nuvi's screen facing you).
2. Hold the switch in the position for at least eight seconds.
3. Push the switch to the right to power the Nuvi back on.
Performing a Factory Reset
1. Turn your Nuvi off by sliding the power switch to the left.
2. Press your finger against the bottom right corner of the touchscreen. Hold your finger in this position.
3. Slide the power switch to the right to turn the Nuvi back on. Continue to hold you finger against the screen until you see the factory reset prompt. Tap "Yes" to perform the factory reset.
Sep 25, 2010 |
Garmin nuvi 1300 Car GPS Receiver