Question about HP Compaq nx8220 Notebook
Your laptop has two memory slots. One of the memory slots (external)
can be easily accessed if you remove the cover on the bottom of the
The second (internal) memory slot is located under the keyboard.
Keyboard removal procedure:
1. Unplug the AC adapter and remove the battery.
2. Remove two screws securing the keyboard on the bottom of the laptop. These screws are marked with a small keyboard symbol.
3. Release 4 keyboard retention tabs located on the left side from f1, f5, f9 and delete keys.
4. Lift up the keyboard and place it upside down on the palm rest.
5. Unlock the keyboard cable connector on the motherboard.
6. Remove and replace the keyboard.
Hope this helps. Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Sep 30, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 21, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Apr 10, 2013 | Gateway Computers & Internet
Apr 14, 2012 | Toshiba Satellite M45-S165 Notebook
Dec 31, 2010 | Compaq Presario Notebook
Dec 24, 2010 | Gateway GT5220 PC Desktop
Apr 23, 2010 | HP TouchSmart IQ770 PC Desktop
Jul 07, 2009 | Asrock P4I45GV R5 Motherboard
Jun 12, 2008 | Gateway MT3705 Notebook
252 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!