Question about Televison & Video

1 Answer

Tv won't work now

Tv went pop and then a burning smell. Is it repairable?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 4 Answers

It is, possibly line output transformer

Posted on May 25, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a sony KP5375 TV and the screen flashed and went dark. Now it won't turn on and there is a electrical smell coming from the TV. Reset doesn't work. Does this sound like it is more th


yes bulbs dont smell unless they pop plus its 3 bulbs in there, plus the tv would still have power/standby lights, and it's not that type of smell, replace the bulb but im sure this will not fix the problem, also my experience with dlp set it is often not worth repair, good luck you need more help or question just ask good luck

Mar 30, 2013 | Sony KP-53S75 53" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Tv picture went out


Sorry bad news these TV's work off of lights that shine thru the back of the screen if you heard a pop it was the power board that turns on those lights not an easy fix sorry.

Jan 28, 2013 | Samsung LN40D550K1FXZA - LN40D550 40 1080p...

1 Answer

ASTV3619WS went pop and burning smell


replace capactors on mains power board they will have raised tops and look like little batteries with white kine on one side replace with same value e.g (2000.mf 25v) make sure line is on same side take picture to help

Dec 16, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I smell something burning then the tv just went off


Unplug the tv and take it to a repair shop. Obviously if you smelled something burning, then you shouldn't leave it connected.

Dec 01, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

My tv made a popping sound, the screen went blank


Any set is repairable. It is the question of the cost and the availability of replacement parts.
It sounds like a component overheated and blew. Most likely there will be collateral damage where other components will also be damaged.
The failure could be in the power supply, or in any of the main drive circuits in the set.
You will have to call for a service estimate. In considering the age of this set, my preference would be to go out and get a descent LCD or Plasma set. The picture quality and performance of these new sets are far superior to the one you have!

Jerry G.

Nov 14, 2009 | RCA D52W23 52" HDTV CRT TV

1 Answer

"pop sound", picture out, burning smell...?


Usually, yes. A bulb that has audibly 'popped' will be apparently bad if you pull it out of the TV (shattered). Other times this is a lamp ballast board.

May 18, 2009 | Sony KP-53XBR45 53" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

MAGNAVOX TV BURNING SMELL TV WENT POP AND WENT OFF


Well that pop had something to do with the power components inside the TV frying. I would have to say there is nothing you can do to repair it as its dangerous to work on such things.
I wouln't waste my time bringing it to a repair shop they will probably tell you to just buy a new one.

Jan 05, 2009 | LG RU-27FB30C TV

1 Answer

Moved ge hdtv mod#D52GW12 in rainy weather


Sounds like it could be a problem with high voltage stages. Definitely a job for a TV technician as it is dangerous try to repair it yourself.

Oct 31, 2008 | Televison & Video

2 Answers

JVC TV AV-32870 will not turn on. blinking timer light


Worth taking it in since it is hard to find a new TV for less than $300. I have a 32 inch JVC iart that for about 2 years would turn itself off and the timer light would blink. Only thing that worked would be to disconnect and turn back on. Eventually, the tv "popped" I could smell something that burned out and within 3 weeks tv went "dead" Took it to a tv repair place and replaced power unit for $150. I had similar problem with a 19 inch Philips and that tv has been going strong for 4 years since repair.

Good Luck

Oct 17, 2008 | JVC AV-32820 32" TV

1 Answer

Tv popped and shut off


Burnt small 2KV capacitor near flyback xformer....original is
221K....I use 271K / 2KV ...Possible burnt 1K 1/2 watt resistor
and shorted zener diode ....ECG 519..................T.

Dec 08, 2007 | Zenith B27A11Z 27" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

74 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

70943 Answers

Electro Med Services...
Electro Med Services...

Level 3 Expert

6694 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

66126 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...