Question about Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet Printer
The waste ink absorber error (5B00 error code accompanied by 7 blinks/beeps) basically says your waste ink reservoir is full. The logic assembly has a counter that works to approximate how much ink has been used while purging the ink nozzles. This error stops the machine cold! The good news is that the "counter" can be reset very easily from the control panel. Also good news is that the part QY5-0153 is about $6 and $6 ground ship for a $12 fix! Now for the bad news...the waste ink absorber kit is buried in the printer and not easily accessed. Unless you are very adventurous and willing to spend a few hours pulling it apart to clean, lubricate, repair and then reset the logic board (you can do all the physical repair work but if the logic board "waste ink amount" counters aren't reset then the printer still won't work) then this is work best left to a service center. I found a local service center willing to do the work for $85. Frankly, my time is worth more than the $$ he wants...besides, he has to eat too! :)
Posted on Oct 18, 2011
If your lucky... Try kijiji on the net and scroll down the Page and look for Free and trade ...you will find something like you looking for...
Posted on Sep 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try this to reset the error.
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Posted on May 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 07, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 06, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Jan 12, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Dec 01, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 10, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 11, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 11, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 18, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 25, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
715 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!