Question about Mitsubishi WS-65809 65" Rear Projection Television

2 Answers

STK IC info

I have the same concave problem. What do STK ICs look like and where are they? Do I solder them back to the board???

Thanks for any help.


Posted by on

  • dh1024 Jul 13, 2008

    I have a WS-65819 that has blue upside down arched lines displaying form the top of the screen. Is this considered a convergence problem and will both chips need to be replaced?



2 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert that has over 500 points.

  • Expert
  • 395 Answers

The convergance amplifiers are STK392-570 there are two of them they both must be replaced they are located on the power board. they are on the lagest heat sink on that board. yes, they need to be soldered to the board. they look like this:
STK IC info - 70a4bc9.jpgthere also may be some resistors and fuses that failed. if you are not a tech do not attempt this repair if you do you may end up with further issues or dammage to you or the set.

Posted on May 26, 2008

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer


Posted on May 27, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

All three colors red, blue and yellow come intermitently. Most of the time blue and yellow is only projected

You are experiencing a convergence problem. You have a IC or ICs that are either bad or have been separated from the board. The separation would be the solder around the pins have developed rings around them,thus no ground connection. These Ics are attached to large heat sinks. They would have a number on them such as STK-392-110 or STK-393-110. Check the two fuses as this is an indication of how severe the board damage is. If the fuses on this board are burned, you may have to replace the board altogether. If not read on. Inspect the low ohm 2 watt resistors. (less than 10 ohms) Your best fix, if you feel you can do this, would be to contact the website, Have your model number near by. Other than that you, should seek a TV Tech. Armed with this info, may provide you with a reasonable cost of repairs.

Feb 14, 2011 | Sony KP-51HW40 51" Rear Projection...

2 Answers

The picture has double images and looks kind of like it is 3D.

The tv have a problems known as a convergence problems,it dead.The tv convergence board have dead 2 STK convergence ICS and some or all of it resistors too.The tv convergnece board,must have these parts changes on the tv convergence board to solved the tv picture convergence problems.The shop,will cost u like $300-350 for parts and labors.

Dec 31, 2010 | Panasonic PT-47WX49 47" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

How can chang sony tv stk ic

if it is a sony check to see if any of those little green resistors are blown first. most sonys have the stk chips on the main deflection board.they will be next to each other with a big heat sink on each.have a soldering and desoldering iron ready as well as tape and marker for the wires.. remove the wires from the board you dont have to take the board all the way out. start desoldering each pin. if some pins are stuck just touch the pin with the iron. clean the heat sinks.apply themal paste to the new ics. put the new ics through the holes and start soldering. this part can be tricky. put the tip on the pin the solder will flow just quickly remove the solder then the iron 36 times and your done.

Sep 11, 2010 | Hitachi 43FWX20B 43" Rear Projection...

3 Answers

Double photo

Replace both of your STK ICs STK392-110s use 150s Mats has Them 1-800-628-1118

Jun 02, 2010 | Sony KP-46WT510 46" Rear Projection HDTV

2 Answers

Tv turned itself off. turn power back on, picture

Your TV is experiencing a convergence issue as indicated by the 3 blinks. The only way to fix this is replacing the convergence ICs. It is not a hard task to replace these ICs. You just need to know how to solder and work on printed circuit boards.

The convergence ICs are mounted on a large heat sink and are marked with codes starting with the letters STK and there are two of them. You need to replace both.

Look for the heat sink with two ICs mounted on it and check the markings.

Once found, cut the IC legs with a small side cutter and unscrew it from the heat sink. Remove the legs left soldered on the board.

Take note of the IC markings for ordering the right part and how it was installed. Don't forget to buy along with the IC a thermal compound.

Check the pico fuses on the same board. Most likely you will find a blown one. These fuses look very much like a resistor, not like the usual transparent fuse, and usually yellow.

Once you have the replacement ICs, put it on the board in the same way as it was installed before. Make sure the screw holes are aligned before soldering the legs into the board.

Put a reasonable amount of thermal grease/compound between the ICs and the heat sink and fix them with the screws.

Double check the board for any splash of solders that might cause a short circuit and damage the board.

Dec 07, 2009 | Panasonic PT-47WX53 47" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Picture appears concave and shrunken and pulses in size

Replace Both of your STK convergence ICs STK392-570 If this is not number on your s use what it has on them. you can call MATs 1-800-628-1118 o Main STK is what is going bad when IC goes out all together TV will shut down and will not come on. So replace BOTH STKs ASAP! you will also need Heat sink compound to put on back of New ICs.

Aug 19, 2009 | Mitsubishi WS-55511 55" Rear Projection...

3 Answers

Hitachi 51G500A Convergence Problem

Hi, 110`s & 150`s are both replaced by stk 392-120`s. which run waaay cooler because the 120``s are rated at 4 amps while the 110`s and 150`s are 3 amp devices , the real key is to make absolutely certain you are not buying generics (which are everywhere on the internet), there should
be NO black print on the back side and a 4 digit code (not 5) on the front, top right corner, the originals or OEM`s are never $8.99, usually run about $12-15 and are made by Sanyo but the word sanyo will NOT be on the IC`s , so go by the info above, be sure to check for burnt resistors next to the heatsinks as well, good luck, video-tek

Feb 03, 2009 | Hitachi 51G500 51" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Mitsubishi ws-65809 concave picture

There will be either one or two of them, and they will be heavily heat sunk - as in mounted on a big heat sink, with vertical fins. That's all I can say without seeing the unit in front of me, open. They usually face towards the front, are in the middle of the middle board, and the name of the ICs is covered by a screw-on plate, which has to be removed for replacement.
Be generous with the heat sink compound when replacing the ICs, get the old stuff offa the heat sink with a putty knife if it has dried out.

To check whether you need to replace the ICs or not, with the unit on if you tap on the heat sink with something long and not conductive, like a stick, and it affects your conv - be VERY careful, this has to be done while the unit is on - you can probably get by with just resoldering the legs. If not and it just won't converge, IC replacement will be necessary. I recommend replacing both if you replace one, because next week the other one may go out and you may have to get in and out of the unit all over again.

Best way is usually to remove the entire light box, tho sometimes it's best to remove just the board, other times you can prop the whole board up and do the resoldering on your back.

Mr Bob

May 25, 2008 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Mitsubishi TV problem ws-65809 Concave Screen Fix

No, but I do paid phone coaching for such things. Contact me directly and I'll steer you past the dangers and in all the right directions.

Mr Bob

May 20, 2008 | Mitsubishi WS-65809 65" Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Mitsubishi WS-65809 65" Rear Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

799 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Mitsubishi Televison & Video Experts

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1213 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74990 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2326 Answers

Are you a Mitsubishi Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides