Question about Acer Aspire 5600 Series 5630-6951 Laptop
My C drive is full, my D drive is empty, how do I change
my settings so that I use both?
I wish to change from C drive (full) to D drive (empty) WindowsXP-home. How do I do this. Thank you
Posted on May 03, 2013
Not possible...you'll need to back up that c drive, which is the default for all Windows programs..try a back up drive, or move some of those high density(music and image) files to a back up system
Posted on May 25, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2013 | Acer Aspire Computers & Internet
May 15, 2012 | Acer Aspire 5315-2153 Notebook
Mar 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
1. Let your PC boot up completely before opening any applications.
2. Refresh the desktop after closing any application. This will remove any unused files from the RAM.
3. Do not set very large file size images as your wallpaper. Do not keep a wallpaper at all if your PC is low on RAM (less than 64 MB).
4. Do not clutter your Desktop with a lot of shortcuts. Each shortcut on the desktop uses up to 500 bytes of RAM
5.Empty the recycle bin regularly. The files are not really deleted from your hard drive until you empty the recycle bin.
6. Delete the temporary internet files regularly.
7. Defragment your hard drive once every two months. This will free up a lot of space on your hard drive and rearrange the files so that your applications run faster.
8. Always make two partitions in your hard drive. Install all large Softwares (like PSP, Photoshop, 3DS Max etc) in the second partition. Windows uses all the available empty space in C drive as virtual memory when your Computer RAM is full. Keep the C Drive as empty as possible.
9. When installing new Software
Feb 05, 2011 | Acer Computers & Internet
Hi, 1. Remove all viruses or spyware or worms, if there are any. 2. If usage of both physical memory and PF (Paging file) is high 3. Click on Advanced tab and click Change under Virtual Memory. 4. Restart the computer 5. Empty some memory space on the "C" drive 6. Click Start >> Run >> Type CMD >> Click OK 7. In command prompt type "chkdsk /r" press "Enter" 8. Type "Y" and press "Enter" 9. Restart the computer 10. Also if you want you can defrag
Open Task manager and check how much physical memory and PF (Paging file) is being used.
Click start>> Control Panel >> System >> Advanced >> Performance Settings
Click Custom size and set the Initial size to 1.5 times of the RAM size on the computer and Maximum to 3 times.
1. Remove all viruses or spyware or worms, if there are any.
2. If usage of both physical memory and PF (Paging file) is high
3. Click on Advanced tab and click Change under Virtual Memory.
4. Restart the computer
5. Empty some memory space on the "C" drive
6. Click Start >> Run >> Type CMD >> Click OK
7. In command prompt type "chkdsk /r" press "Enter"
8. Type "Y" and press "Enter"
9. Restart the computer
10. Also if you want you can defrag
Sep 19, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Jul 21, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook
Oct 06, 2009 | ASUS Eee PC 900 Notebook
Dec 11, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Oct 12, 2008 | Acer Aspire 3610 Notebook
Mar 25, 2008 | Sony VAIO V505DX Notebook
95 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: