Question about Sony Handycam DCR-TRV460 Digital Camcorder

1 Answer

Eyepiece (clear plastic) replacement

The camera was dropped and the thin, clear plastic piece (about 2 cm x 1.7 cm) that is used to look through was broken. Is the part available, I have disassembled the assembly around it or is only the entire assembly available.


Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 10,594 Answers

Hello tryichem,
You can purchase Eye Piece Plastic Lens from Sony repair shop easily. Its name is "Lens (M) Assy, VF" and part number is "X-3951-166-1" Picture is attached for easy understanding.Eyepiece (clear plastic) replacement - 258993e.jpg

Posted on May 27, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

No picture on lcd screen but ok through eyepiece

The lcd screen is no longer working. Fortunately the eyepiece still works and U can still use the camera and compose shots. Repair is not worth the cost.

Oct 14, 2015 | Panasonic NV-GS50 Mini DV Digital...

1 Answer

Need repair

Some binoculars have only one adjustable eyepiece

Sep 18, 2012 | Olympus 12x50 Pathfinder EXPS I Binocular...

1 Answer

Every picture i take is not a good quality either it's blurry or the color is horrible - kind of yellowish - what kind of adjustment do i have to make

Well the blurry is caused by poor focus. Try not to zoom too much. Better to get closer to the subject if possible. Study your manual and adjust your diopter which loosely means adjust the viewfinder in and out whilst looking at a subject without using any zoom until the picture is clear. Then take you'll find it easier to focus when you do actually zoom. Sometimes there's a small sliding piece of plastic sticking out of the side of the lens. Otherwise it's a matter of turning the eyepiece to get the clarity. That's why I said check the manual. That will explain which method to use.

The yellowish colour is unusual. I would say check you have the White balance switch set to auto but lack of white balance is not usually a yellow picture. But check the white balance switch anyway and make sure it's in auto mode.

Ordinary light bulbs or some street lighting can give a yellow caste so check you have the inside outside button switched to the correct position, depending on where you are at the time of shooting.

Did you buy the camera used or new. Often people who have faulty cameras will sell them off cheap and run. Leaving the owner with the problems.

So to sum up. get closer to your subject rather than use zoom if you can. If you use a lot of zoom either use a tripod or place the camera on a firm surface or even hold the camera whilst you stop yourself from moving by leaning against a wall or tree etc.

Next remeber where you are and switch the indoor/outdoor switch accordingly

Apr 22, 2010 | JVC Everio GZ-MG130 Camcorder

1 Answer

What is a Veiw Finder

It's where you find a view of what the light coming through the lens. Today's consumer camcorders place the viewfinder center-rear usually with a rubbery piece around the end as an eyepiece/cup. Many units shut off the image to the eyepiece if the flip-out LCD screen on the side is used.

Jan 15, 2009 | Sony Handycam CCD-TRV68 Camcorder

1 Answer

JVC Camera repair

Hi Ithelaha, are you rigth, its a fuse, Im fix my GR-70U whit a very thin cooper wire filament like a haed hair, becose that fuse its beetwin 1 and 2 amp.
I Know, this no wey, but I live in Mexico you know
By carefull, it is a small area to solder, use 30 watts pencil.

Jul 18, 2008 | JVC Cybercam GR-D70 Mini DV Digital...

1 Answer

My selector buttons for operation came off?

I solved this problem Friday night and I have to give credit to a Blogger who suggested buying JB Weld to re-connect the center ring. I cannot find that blog again but if you are out there, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Here is what I did in more detail and I hope it helps you:

1. JB Weld is and epoxy sold at Home Depot. Go buy it for $5.00
2. Get a piece of tin foil and place the equivalent of 1 drop from each tube onto the foil. The product is activated by mixing the 2 drops together. I mixed this this with a wooden toothpick.
3. Put the outer ring in place on the camera and be sure to line it up correctly. Practice this several times if you have any doubts. Also practice dropping the center ring into place wtih the appropriate alignment before you apply the epoxy! If you do not have a steady hand find someone who does and let them do this for you.
4. After you mix the 2 drops together with the toothpick, apply just enough to the 4 anchoring post on the center piece to cover the tip of the post. This is a very small amount and had be questioning whether it would be enough. It was perfect. I did not apply any to the center post. Not sure if this was something that would be okay.
5. With the epoxy on the tips of the post, carefully drop the center ring in place (play/pause button should be straight up). Make sure that it is in place and put a heavy book on it for 24 hours. I used a Websters Dictionary.
6. Remove the book and it should work for you.

I feel confident that I saved myself a $400 fix.

Apr 20, 2008 | JVC GR-DVM70 Mini DV Digital Camcorder

1 Answer

Service manual for Panasonic Handycam NV GS15

I fixed 2 cameras with same problem "Push Reset Switch"
Removed small foreign plastic object which was jamming mechanism without stripping.
In both cases a very tiny piece of one of the broken plastic 'catch' of the door was the problem.
Turn unit upside down and give it a good shake-up and it will drop off & problem solved.
Hope this helps.

Feb 04, 2008 | Panasonic NV-GS15 Mini DV Digital...

1 Answer

Wet camera

Make sure it is completely dry. I have dried cameras by placing them under a gooseneck desk lamp (careful, not too close or you will melt the plastic). Open as many things on the camera as possible, and remove the battery. You shouldn't power it on until it is really dry. You might need to "bake" it under the lamp for a few days. If you see condensation on the lens, it isn't dry. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to do.

Nov 02, 2007 | Panasonic PV-GS65 Mini DV Digital...

2 Answers

The screen does not work because the "conexion" is broken. I need the sparepart badly

that is what we called ribbon cable. it is very thin and fragile and it is only available in an authorized service center of that brand. bring it there for sure they have that part.

Jan 18, 2007 | Samsung SC-D353 Mini DV Digital Camcorder

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sony Handycam DCR-TRV460 Digital Camcorder Logo

Related Topics:

64 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Video Cameras Experts

Larry Stiles
Larry Stiles

Level 2 Expert

286 Answers


Level 3 Expert

100387 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a Sony Video Camera Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides