Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
H Sony Bravia LCD TV which can support up to 1080i. I have, to my
knowledge, correctly connected the PS3 with the TV using AV cables and
an HDMI cable. Everything else has been correctly connected as well.
Here's what happens when it doesn't turn on:
1) I flip the back switch On, and slide my finger over the front On sensor.
2) I hear the fans quickly, for only part of a second, start working, then suddenly shut down again, never coming back on for the rest of the session.
3) I notice that the HDD light near the USB ports are not on.
4) I notice that only the green light is On; this is on the PS3's front.
5) During all this, the screen is completely black, displaying no menu at all, and there is no audio.
Here's what happens when it does turn on:
1) I turn it on with the sensor
2) As usual, a little static comes on for the image(signaling that that session will turn on the PS3), and the PS3 menu starts to load. Fans go on, then immediately turn off.
3) The HDD light blinks a little and then is gone.
4) Following this, the screen will freeze in a matter of seconds or a few minutes. I cannot perform any updates.
5) I would then have to hold down the power button for 15 seconds to allow the system to turn off sustaining a solid red light. If it doesn't freeze, it turns off by itself, sustaining a flashing red light.
As a result of this, I cannot use the menu, play any games, or simply use the PS3.
If anyone knows of any possible solution for this seemingly impossible problem, please leave an answer.
OK it sounds like a problem I had with one of the units that came into my shop, I do believe you will need a new part which means you will need to break the seal. I suggest you call sony and see what they say and what they will do for you. 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
If they want to charge you id say forget it and try it yourself.
i can send you a guide to help you fix it.
I am thinking a sensor board or a power supply could be others and its hard since its not in my face but let me know what sony says and letss fix this baby.
I do also buy broken ps3s and can help you find a steal on a used or new unit!
Posted on May 27, 2008
Hold down the power button until u hear 3 audible beeps then the powerlight should b red hold the power button down again until u hear 2 audible beeps then a double beep then let go the restore menu should appear choose option 3 restore hdd click ok this restore will clear all corrupt files on the hdd it will automatically restore up to 3 times if this doesnt work u need to contact sony good luck
Posted on Apr 04, 2011
If you have mgs4 there is a problem with all of them i think you should ring the makers of mgs4 if you have it
Posted on Jul 31, 2008
Can you email me the fix it guide?
Posted on Jun 02, 2008
Posted on Dec 23, 2009
You punks think this is a joke. this jhju guy is a punk. how can u be sending xbox360 info for PS3 they arent even the same makers talk even of the same kind of console. dont make me laugh. Please give me something I can work with else its a brand new PS3 for me... and a wii
Posted on Oct 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 17, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 04, 2010 | Video Game Consoles
Aug 02, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 23, 2009 | Sony PlayStation® 3 (60 GB) Console
Dec 08, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sep 06, 2007 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
11,442 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!