How to reset lamp timer on a Panasonic PT-LC50E LCD Projector after 2000hours. All keys disabled at present. Unable to bring up menu. Only projects lamp change warning in top left of screen and shuts down after 5 minutes.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There should be a menu that goes across the top listing video, audio, setup, projection....etc. Either under setup or advanced there will be a drop down menu with lamp settings under it. Under that menu will be a reset lamp or something as direct as lamp hours. That is where you can reset the lamp timer.
I have a Panasonic PT-AE4000U and could not reset the timer after replacing the bulb with a, non-Panasonic branded bulb. Calls to tech support were not very helpful. It was another bad customer service experience. Through troubleshooting it myself, I discovered the solution was simply to unplug EVERYTHING (serial cable, hdmi cables, etc.) from the device, power it off and back on. Follow the procedure in the manual, the timer immediately reset!!
Read very carefully this is the only solution to reset lamp timer
1. Connect the mains lead to the projector and a mains socket, and switch the MAIN POWER on. 2. Press the POWER button.
3. Press the MENU button to display the menu.
4. Select the OPTION menu and press the ENTER button.
5. Select LAMP RUNTIME.
6. Press and hold the ENTER button for approximately 3 seconds.
7. The confirmation screen will be displayed and select OK.
8. Press the POWER button to turn off for resetting the duration of the LAMP RUNTIME.
9. Next time when you POWER ON the projector the duration of time in LAMP RUNTIME is reset to "0 H".
There is three indicators lights on the panel
1. lamp indicator.
2. temperature indicator.
3. computer input indicator.
If your projector shutdown itself without given any indication its mean that your projector function POWER OFF TIMER is on. You can off this function.
How: (two keys back side of projector one is menu second is a joystick witch have 4 arrow keys and center press is enter)
press MENU button to display the menu screen and then use joystick UP or DOWN to select the OPTION menu. press joystick to ENTER and then use joystick UP or DOWN to select POWER OFF TIMER use joystick RIGHT or LEFT to select DISABLE then press MENU two times to exit the menu.
If your projector shutdown itself with given any indication then
If LAMP INDICATOR flashing RED then lamp circuit failure its need to be repair or replace.
If TEMP INDICATOR flashing RED then the temperature inside and /or outside the projector is abnormally high.
CAUSE: The ventilation opening are covered. The room temperature is too high. The projector is located at high elevations (above 1400m)
REMEDY:clean the air filter. Remove the object from the ventilation openings or clear around the projector. Set the HIGHLAND option to ON
the lamp is good for about 2000 hours. after this, the lamp may still work, but not as well or for very much longer. after you replace the lamp, you have to reset the lamp timer (in the menu settings).