Question about Rockford Fosgate Punch P5002 Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

Auto amplifiers my amp has over heated a few times and has stopped working where can i have it repaired

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Expert
  • 77 Answers

If you bought it from a retail store and it is still under the manufacturer's warranty, check out the manufacturer's website for contact information or warranty info for repairs.

Posted on May 27, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Ive not changed any of the hook up, yet one day somethingsmelled as if burning, then no more amplification. Un hooked everything, left sit a few days then re hooked in same fashion. Now when bridged sub...


Oh i know what this is, that burning smell were some of your heat sink transistors, every amplifier has a specific number of them, if you fry a few, your amps power supply can no long disapate heat as well as it did when they were all working. So now the ones that are working are having to make up and carry the load for the ones that arent working, so to say in plain terms, they are probably running at 150% to produce the same amount of power now that some are damaged. Best fix, is to replace it. because replacing just the damage transistors will cause you to run uneven. age, and usage makes the performace of them fade over time. so if you dont replace them all your not going to be running as efficient as you were when they were new. So to save time and money, just replace the amp. Not that its one of my favorite brands rockford fosgate has the best warranty ive seen, if your amp gives you any problems just send it in after you call and get the control number and they will replace it with the exact model or a newer model. I know this because i just replaced my sisters. Hope this helps

Aug 09, 2010 | Kenwood KAC-729S Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

Amplifier over hit and shot off


set up is the most common issue. running amps at 2 ohm or lower specialy when bridged.bad speaker speakers can be bad and still play. sagging b + from battery.overdrivin inputs.ther are so many things that could cause this it is usally the install not the amp or at least intill the amp smokes from this condition.if your amp shuts off due to over heating the way it is instaled must be fix or ill see you at my repair center with your burned up amp.by the way kicker is one of a few verry few companies that dont make junk so if your kicker amp is shutting off its most likely not the amps fault

Mar 18, 2010 | Car Amplifiers

1 Answer

My amp stopped working one day so i took it to bestbuy's auto install center and he checked the amp out and said something inside must have burned out


yes you have a internal fault of the amp. the circuit that puts it into safe mode is bad and that is a very small chip on the board know as a op amp. needs to be repaired.

Feb 01, 2010 | Kicker KX350.4 Reed Multi-Channel Amp -...

1 Answer

Plays low volume but stops playen when u turn up


amp goes on protection few reasons
goes on protection, improper speaker connection,improper speaker class, speaker out-put damage (needs to get repair)

Sep 24, 2009 | Sony Xplod XM-554ZR Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

Subwoofers stop working after few seconds


Check the subs wiring... follow the manual....

Jul 16, 2009 | Car Amplifiers

1 Answer

500/1 sub amp stopped working, burnt rubber smell


It sounds like the power supply failed. Generally when the supply fails in that amp, you have to replace all 8 of the power supply FETs and all 8 of the 47 ohm surface mount resistors. Many times, the supply fails because one or two of the output transistors have failed.

If you want to have JL repair it, you MUST go through an authorized JL dealer.

If you have a good local repair shop, they should be able to repair it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Aug 06, 2008 | Jl Audio 500/1 Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

I have problem with my mono amplifier


Amplifiers have thermal protection. They will typically shut down at ~180F. If your amp is shutting down after running it hard for 20-30 minutes, you may not have the correct load impedance (speakers wired incorrectly).

If it overheats as soon as it's switched on (no audio), the amp may be in need of repair.

Jun 21, 2008 | Ultra Linear UL-2200D Car Audio Amplifier

2 Answers

Amplifier repair


Unknown model not working could be a bunch of things!
does the unit have power?? fuse(s) ok?? turn on voltage present(12v)?? Any leds?? Unit ever get wet?? Any lites?? smoke get out?? was it, did it get real hot??
I have worked on a few with various problems, no common problems. Some of the things I have seen; Level adj pot was smashed in, Shorted fets , + burnt gate drive resistors in the ps section + blown runs, bad connections, shorted outputs, corrosion from beer leakage, bad electrolytic caps, leaking caps ate up the copper runs, metal bars used to hold down fets and outputs came loose, parts over heated and shorted.
Open up and look around, burnt resistors, leaking caps, puffed up caps, black marks, are all helpful signs.
These amps typically use FETs in the power supply(+/- 25-50v) and regular transistors for the outputs. Test all heatsinked parts for shorts. Carefully remove metal bars holding down heatsinked parts, keep track of where the heat sink insulators go, remove pcb and inspect runs. Repair and bench test with a power supply that has an amp meter. With out any input, unit should only use a few amps after initial 5-15amps to get the PS fired up. Then test across speaker outputs for any DC voltage. Anything over 1v, (should be very close to zero) amp needs some more work.
Good luck!

Nov 06, 2007 | Orion 8004 Car Audio Amplifier

2 Answers

Legacy la590 amplifier


Ok If the power wire as well as the remote wiring was checked then you know the problem has to lie within the amp?? Yes it does. Do you know how to check b+ lines with a vom?? as well as use a schematic to trace one curcuit to another?? If not its best in my mind to have a pro look at the amp but if you really wanna try to see if theres something burnt in side by all means open it up look around and if you dont see anything out of normal such as burnt things crispy parts or fried wire then its time to unistall the amp and take it to your local repair depot. Now your local repair person may or may not be a sspecialist in auto amps?? If not My advice would be to ship your unit directly to the manufacturer for repairs. First thing you wanna do is look in the owners manual under troubleshooting . it will tell you where to call and if a RMA is needed(RMA means Return Materials authorization).Or contact the company at 1-425-788-0932 or online at support@millenniaCorp.com Good Luck

Apr 11, 2006 | Legacy 2CH 800W AMP Car Audio Amplifier

Not finding what you are looking for?
Rockford Fosgate Punch P5002 Car Audio Amplifier Logo

Related Topics:

50 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Rockford Fosgate Car Amplifiers Experts

Pablo Gonzalez

Level 3 Expert

733 Answers

Tygh Duval
Tygh Duval

Level 2 Expert

290 Answers

Robert Rankin

Level 2 Expert

338 Answers

Are you a Rockford Fosgate Car Amplifier Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...