Question about Philips 42PF9431D/37 TV
Menu keeps popping up intermittently. Sometimes every couple of minutes or a couple times a minute. When I press the "Menu" button it goes away.
I wish I knew. Help menus for whatever application I am using pop up, interfering with typing and
anything else I am trying to do. Can someone help me?
Posted on Nov 09, 2008
I had this same problem with the Main Menu coming up on my Dell Monitor E171FPb and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back cover.
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the circuit board.
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the four screws.
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so very happy.
Posted on May 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 13, 2016 | Samsung 9000 Series UN65F9000AF 65" 4K LED...
Sep 06, 2014 | Flat Panel Televisions
Nov 26, 2013 | Flat Panel Televisions
Feb 26, 2013 | Vizio L37 Television
Mar 15, 2011 | Flat Panel Televisions
Jul 16, 2009 | Philips 42PF9630A 42 in. Plasma Television
Feb 05, 2009 | Dell W1700 17 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
May 03, 2008 | LG 42PC5D Television
904 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!