Question about Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router (F5D82314)
1.Log into router. Using either 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 in a browser window that is ( internet Explorer or Firefox)
2. Verify wireless router name( on the computer) >>> ( on/off) ( router status window)
3.Note router name you are connecting to.
4.. Check the laptop/desktop do ipconfig /all to see current IP addresses.
5. Set the laptop up in the router by WEP KEY or MAC address. This set up in the "security tab" in the router. using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to access through a browser.
6.Note router name you are connecting to.
7. Move the laptop about 20ft away and try to log on to the internet.
This is for all routers to set up wirelessly.
8. check for firmware update at the manufacturers site for your model router
9. cell phones, cordless phones, digital TV's, can affect the data signal from a router. Also distance from the router can be a factor. If your router is in a basement place the router to a upper floor and center it in the room.
Posted on Sep 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2011 | Belkin F5D7234-4 Router
My wireless connection is not working and i cannot log on to it, I have connected a Netgear WGT624 V3 Wireless Router to my Motorola SurfBoard SB5101E Modem which is connected to Telewest Cable Broadband (internet works fine if i access directly through the modem), on the router the power light is lit and also the internet light flashes rapidly but the wireless light comes on for a couple of
seconds and then goes out - i think this is the problem? I have tried logging on to the router to check the wireless settings but cannot access it, i have also tried connecting directly via LAN but cannot get this to work either although i am not sure if i have connected it correctly?
Any ideas/comments/advice is very much appreciated!!
Thanks in advance,
Jan 05, 2011 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
May 24, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 10, 2010 | Dell TrueMobile 2300 Wireless Router...
Nov 26, 2009 | D-Link Computers & Internet
Dec 26, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless...
Dec 11, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jun 07, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Jan 06, 2008 | Trendware TEW-452BRP Wireless Router...
May 16, 2017 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
316 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!