Question about Intermatic T104M 208-277Volt 40-amp Timer Switch-Double Pole / Single Throw
Things to check:
1) Is yellow dial rotating? If not, then clock motor is probably bad. T-100 240V time clock motor sells for $16 at grainger.
Also timer may not be getting 240V so check manual override.
2) If clock motor is turning, but manual override never clicks on-and-off, then pins are probably worn out. Buy pins at grainger
3) Does manual override work? Does it click crisp? If manual override clicks crisp on-and-off, and pool filter turns on-and-off normally, then a) the circuit is getting 240V and b) the timer mechanism is ok ... so clock motor is probably bad.
4) If manual override snaps crisp but pool timer does not turn on, then then circuit breaker could be bad, wire is loose, motor has gone bad
Test for 240 across poles 1 and 2
... or timer contacts are worn out & you need new T-104
See back of mechanical timer
5) If manual override is loose or sluggish, then you need new T104. You can buy a T-104, T-104R, T-104M etc ... and the interior body will snap into old box.
Note: Do not buy T-101 or T-103 as these have 120V motor.
Posted on Sep 29, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2014 | Intermatic T21004R- Pool-Spa Mechanical...
May 15, 2013 | Pool & Spa
Jul 08, 2011 | Intermatic T104 24h 208-277v Mechanical...
Jul 08, 2011 | Intermatic T21004R- Pool-Spa Mechanical...
Feb 20, 2011 | Intermatic & Indoor/Outdoor Rain Tight...
Feb 13, 2011 | RTO Intermatic T104R3 Timer Switch 220V -...
Feb 10, 2011 | Intermatic T104 24h 208-277v Mechanical...
Feb 04, 2011 | Intermatic T10404R - Two 220 time clocks...
Jan 05, 2011 | Intermatic PF1202T - Pool-Spa Freeze...
Sep 09, 2009 | Intermatic T101 - 24 Hr. Dial Time Switch...
1,070 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: